Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bucket GT2 seat lap belt mount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sport Bucket GT2 seat lap belt mount?

When my Roll bar, GT2 seats, and harnesses were put in around Thanksgiving I only drove the car about 30 minutes to get home and into storage. With the warm weather last week, I "commissioned" her for the season. Driving around town I noticed the passenger OEM belt was clanging on the roll bar. Then I noticed that I had to reach way back to even grab the 3-point and then noticed it wasn't looped through the lap opening like stock.

I've also seen a few other installs where both 6-point lap and OEM 3-point were anchored at the stock GT2 lap mounting spot (see photos).

Besides me not liking to reach way back and listen to the banging, I'm wondering why it's mounted this way. Installer said something about mounting the lap to where the roll bar is, but I could see maybe the 6-point lap, not the OEM. Thinking maybe it got mixed up and I still don't see a reason not to put them both at the same point in the GT2 seat frame.

First two photos I found here at the forum, 3rd is SharkWerks, and final is my car.

Thoughts?
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Sport Bucket GT2 seat lap belt mount?