Sponsored by:

little confused shuffle

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little confused shuffle

So I guess I dont understand, I havent been posting much... but a Rennlister posted something on shuffle steering, gives an educated "opinion"... on why not to do, but when anyone questions or brings up a valid point , he completely dismisses the other side of the issue... then the thread is locked... as if you all dont play nice Ill take my toys and leave..????

this is a great forum where a lot of people read and learn .. I dont get why you cant post opposing opinions.....

I will say when i spent a weekend working with Spencer P ... he actually had his hand at 7 o clock and shuffled through hog pen while shifting from 3rd to 4th in the apex of 17 of my GT3 talking to me at over 110 mph 4 wheel drift!

so everything has a time or place ...

I just wonder why cant discuss everything we have learned and seen ...

off my soap box ...lmaoooo
Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Well said. There is often more than one "right", and circumstances vary.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's typical Kibort, he doesn't have to do it in the 928 forum because no one calls him out there. Search yields tons of examples.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 930man
this is a great forum where a lot of people read and learn .. I dont get why you cant post opposing opinions.....

I will say when i spent a weekend working with Spencer P ... he actually had his hand at 7 o clock and shuffled through hog pen while shifting from 3rd to 4th in the apex of 17 of my GT3 talking to me at over 110 mph 4 wheel drift!

Spence is the pro I refered to in the other thread for the reasons referenced. I don't instruct it or promote it....T4 VIR...you don't want to see my in car. Monkey/football...I get through there pretty well.

Matt...I will take your bad advice on a bad day and be effing faster, Much knowlege here..always more than one way to skin a cat...listen as you believe...learn as you will. YMMV.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matt, you should add your new car to your sig!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

So I guess I dont understand, I havent been posting much... but a Rennlister posted something on shuffle steering, gives an educated "opinion"... on why not to do, but when anyone questions or brings up a valid point , he completely dismisses the other side of the issue... then the thread is locked... as if you all dont play nice Ill take my toys and leave..????

FYI, the thread starter has the power to lock his/her own thread. And, as has been stated, this is typical for that particular thread starter...

One of the most exciting rides of my life was with this hilarious British guy named Brian Redman, in a recently restored '73 RSR (a real one) at Moroso, helping the owner sort it out. Not only did I learn alot watching him left foot brake all over the place, but in one spot he did shuffle steer.

But then, what the heck would he know about driving? Surely our 928 friend knows better.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TedA
Spence is the pro I refered to in the other thread for the reasons referenced. I don't instruct it or promote it....T4 VIR...you don't want to see my in car. Monkey/football...I get through there pretty well.

Matt...I will take your bad advice on a bad day and be effing faster, Much knowlege here..always more than one way to skin a cat...listen as you believe...learn as you will. YMMV.
... I'm. With you brotha!!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
FYI, the thread starter has the power to lock his/her own thread. And, as has been stated, this is typical for that particular thread starter...

One of the most exciting rides of my life was with this hilarious British guy named Brian Redman, in a recently restored '73 RSR (a real one) at Moroso, helping the owner sort it out. Not only did I learn alot watching him left foot brake all over the place, but in one spot he did shuffle steer.

But then, what the heck would he know about driving? Surely our 928 friend knows better.

I think the older guys,Redman,Elford,etc, had to do it more with the older technology and production cars they raced and rally'd. Newer young guns grow up in Formula cars where there is no need for it.

Personally I would rather shuffle than cross up my hands or steer one handed.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

... I'm. With you brotha!!
Personal best at VIR this weekend or I will be bringing it back in a box.....I learned two new places to trailbrake.,,,fast...wait I don't instruct that either..... scoot..
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I think the older guys,Redman,Elford,etc, had to do it more with the older technology and production cars they raced and rally'd. Newer young guns grow up in Formula cars where there is no need for it.

Personally I would rather shuffle than cross up my hands or steer one handed.
All situational IMO. In some cars in some slow high-rotation corners I have to shuffle. in other cars in the same corner I don't.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

You've been Kiborted. After having his ego stroked by the 928 guys, he pops over here to preach every once in a while and then gets upset when people provide evidence to debunk him. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
You've been Kiborted. After having his ego stroked by the 928 guys, he pops over here to preach every once in a while and then gets upset when people provide evidence to debunk him. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Lmao!! Bryan?!! I guess. So
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 AM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All I know is that shuffle steer works well on my tractor but not at all on my mountain bike...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Waitingbfor tour response lol !!

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

I was waiting for your response ,,,, lol

Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anything you can take to cure Shuffle Steer? It seems scary. Now I read that VR may have caught it from a vintage race car. Ewwww!

Quick Reply: little confused shuffle