spped tv to cover 13 hours of sebring

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default spped tv to cover 13 hours of sebring

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ring-coverage/

SPEED & SPEEDtv.com will combine for 13 hours of uninterrupted live coverage from this year’s Mobil One 12 Hours of Sebring (Fla.), considered by many as the world’s toughest sports car racing endurance test. The race starts on SPEED, Saturday, March 20 at 10 a.m. ET, while SPEEDtv.com will have live and exclusive qualifying on Friday, March 19.

The linear network will take the first two hours of the race, handing off to SPEEDtv.com at Noon ET when NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice from Bristol Motor Speedway take center stage. SPEEDtv.com will offer full production and uninterrupted coverage before transitioning back to SPEED at 2 p.m. ET through to the broadcast’s conclusion at 11 p.m. ET.

Brian Till and Leigh Diffey will lead the play-by-play booth, while former sports car racing standouts Dorsey Schroeder and Calvin Fish will be providing color commentary. Rotating on pit road throughout the day will be Justin Bell, Jamie Howe and Chris Neville.

“We’re pleased to present continuous flag-to-flag coverage from the 12 Hours of Sebring, one of the most exciting races of the endurance season,” said Rick Miner, SPEED SVP of Production & Network Operations. “We’re also dedicated to bringing you the same coverage on SPEEDtv.com that we’ll have on the linear network when we transition between the two platforms starting at Noon (E.T.)”

As always, a strong field is expected for the race, highlighted by two of Peugeot’s factory Le Mans winning diesel-powered 908 HDi LMP1 entries, which will be challenged by teams like Aston Martin’s emerging V12-powered Lola and Drayson Racing’s Judd-powered Lola. Those four closed-top cars will face off against the open-top LMP1 cars from Creation Autosportif, Intersport Racing and Autocon Motorsports. On the LMP2 side of things, Patron Highcroft Racing will debut its brand new Honda Performance Development ARX-01c, while Dyson Racing’s Mazda and CytoSport’s Porsche RS Spyder are also in the mix.

The GT2 class is loaded for Sebring, offering a diverse group of both factory and privateer sports car programs. BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar and Porsche will all have competitive efforts this year – including five two-car teams headlined by Corvette Racing’s C6.Rs, Flying Lizard Motorsport’s two Porsche 911 GT3 RSRs, BMW Rahal Letterman’s two M3s and Risi Competzione’s two Ferrari F430 GTs. In addition, single entries will come from Robertson Racing and its Doran-Ford GT and JaguarRSR’s Jaguar XKRS.

In addition to the live streaming and traditional at-track features and updates, SPEEDtv.com is bringing back its popular ‘Ask the Driver’ interactive Q&A, where fans will be able to send in their questions within the ‘Ask’ story during the race, and then return later to look for an answer. Questions can be sent to askthedriver@gmail.com.

This race’s ‘Ask the Driver’ will feature two very special guests, as Porsche and sports car legends Hans Hermann and Norbert Singer – the architect of the marquee’s 16 Le Mans victories - will join SPEEDtv.com. Hermann, 82, was one of the most successful Porsche drivers of all time, winning Le Mans twice and scoring major victories in other prestigious races such as the Italian Mille Miglia, Sebring twice and Daytona in 1968. Singer is the only Porsche employee to contribute to all 16 of Porsche’s overall Le Mans victories since 1970.

Also on tap to answer questions is the Aston Martin Racing team, with 2009 LMP2 champion Adrian Fernandez, Harold Primat and Chris Buncombe each being made available. The 2009 LMP1 championship winning team of Patron Highcroft Racing will answer questions through drivers David Brabham, Simon Pagenaud, Marino Franchitti, while Porsche drivers Jorg Bergmeister, Patrick Long and Wolf Henzler will answer questions as well.

Other features will include a lap around Sebring International Raceway with commentary from the aforementioned Fernandez, while Drayson Racing’s Emanuele Pirro, formerly of Audi, will provide a daily blog.

2010 Sebring 12 Hours

SPEED Broadcast Hours (all times eastern)

Friday, March 19

1:45 – 2:50 p.m. Qualifying SPEEDtv.com

Saturday, March 20

10 am – Noon The Start SPEED

Noon – 2 p.m. Live Online Coverage SPEEDtv.com

2 – 11 p.m. The Finish SPEED
Old 03-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bullsh*t. I remember the days when they really did cover it for 13 hours!!!! Now I have to stop watching my HDTV for 2 hours and go sit in front of my computer.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

wtf is on Nascar in the middle of a 12 race that is more important?

they don't give Nascar enough coverage that they can't help themselves from interrupting a race IN PROGRESS for more Nascar?

I won't be able to watch the internet feed so I guess I'll just miss two hours of it.

F'em!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

it could be a lot worse, they could have that new nascar stars show on HAHA what a joke. But at least we are only missing a couple of hours.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
wtf is on Nascar in the middle of a 12 race that is more important?

they don't give Nascar enough coverage that they can't help themselves from interrupting a race IN PROGRESS for more Nascar?

I won't be able to watch the internet feed so I guess I'll just miss two hours of it.

F'em!
Eactly. Any this is NASCAR Practice and qualfying! Sheehs... That is like watching paint dry...

Hmm they they say we are covering the entire race. BullSh.. I have to miss it live due to my sister in law's wedding, but hope to DVR the entire thing. Now I will miss out. DAMN you SPEED. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Noon-2PM will be the best ratings for Speed all day. The handful of us who want to watch the 12 Hour race will be outside working in our yard and Speed will be making $$ off of programming that people are actually tuning into. At least we can all hold our noses a little higher in the air while we mow our yards thinking about all of the losers sitting inside watching NASCAR?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

That's pretty good coverage considering how Speed has been going lately.

By the way, ALMS has put out a nice little free App for iPhone.
Was using it to follow some of the testing and timing today, amazing the Porsches are still within a half-second of the Vettes and their power advantage.....

Trending Topics

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 113 Posts

Do you US subscribers get Speed in HD?

I struggled to watch the Daytona 24 as it was barely watchable on my Plasma. Picture quality was vomituous.

Any suggestions? Can't imagine suffering through Sebring like that...

M
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed in HD in Kansas City for a while now. Would not watch it any other way. I'll take the two hour break to catch up on weekend projects.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Noon-2PM will be the best ratings for Speed all day. The handful of us who want to watch the 12 Hour race will be outside working in our yard and Speed will be making $$ off of programming that people are actually tuning into. At least we can all hold our noses a little higher in the air while we mow our yards thinking about all of the losers sitting inside watching NASCAR?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Yes.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Was using it to follow some of the testing and timing today, amazing the Porsches are still within a half-second of the Vettes and their power advantage.....
What is the power and weight on the Vette and the Porsche?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

I struggled to watch the Daytona 24 as it was barely watchable on my Plasma. Picture quality was vomituous.

M
Fly down to Tampa or Orlando, rent car, drive to track, see in 3D, smell the sweet aroma of spent race fuel on the wind, and hear in Sensuround.

Kinda like.... Me!

Stay tuned for pics. GT3 qual Thur am, race 1 Thur pm.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone notice the entry list for Sebring is 28 cars? That's 1/3 what it used to be. And the classes have been changed... again. These stupid f*cks at ALMS are doing the same thing GrandAm did - which is KILL American road racing. It's incredible just how flaming incompetent these race organizers are. This will be my last year going to Sebring unless they change things fast. And I'm only going this year to take my girlfriend to her first race - otherwise I wouldn't bother.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Snow Lion
Intermediate

M
Hi Matt,

Rogers carries Speed HD.
What ever happened to the Motorsports Channel that was supposed to be started by some former Speedvision guys?

Quick Reply: spped tv to cover 13 hours of sebring