ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
+1000!!!

Conor De phillipi http://www.racer.com/connor-de-phill...rticle/156841/

Conor's father works here at Swift, so I have to speak up for his talented young offspring.
^ +1
Watched him race as well.
Like I said, I could easily name 10, but I figured what's the point.

There are some very good female kart drivers at the moment....Alessandra Madrigal (being coached by Mr. Wilson..former world champsion...not a bad teacher) and Cindie Alleman (who has a pretty good open wheel resume already).
Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

a buddy named Justin Wilson at the Glen 2009 -- otherwise, thats it

Danica's sole win was purely from her strategist based upon fuel -- nonetheless, she did finish first. Never won in Atlantic BTW.
And some dude named Hunter-Reay there the year before, but as a result of Penske and Ganassi cars colliding near the end of the race. Before that, Kannan earlier in '08. Then Danica's luck-of-the-fuel draw. (But Mears, the Unsers, the Andrettis, Rahal, Tracy, etc etc just in American open wheel never, ever, ever lucked into a win, right?)

So you've got two full seasons of two teams absolutely dominating (though between 4, sometimes 5 entries). And Danica is the one that's mediocre..........
Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Then Danica's luck-of-the-fuel draw. (But Mears, the Unsers, the Andrettis, Rahal, Tracy, etc etc just in American open wheel never, ever, ever lucked into a win, right?)
Certainly, Michael, Mario, Bobby, Paul all lucked into winning races at some point, but the difference is they also backed it up by winning more races, poles and champioships on top of the lucky wins.

Danica is great at car control!! We saw it right away with her at Rahals in Atlantic. Just doesnt push just over that line like one needs to do to be really fast. Easier said than done.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny that nobody has mentioned Jon Fogarty, Buddy Rice, and/or AJ Almendinger. All could be considered contemporaries of Danica during her time in Atlantics.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Funny that nobody has mentioned Jon Fogarty, Buddy Rice, and/or AJ Almendinger. All could be considered contemporaries of Danica during her time in Atlantics.
I didnt mention those guys, Ryan Dalziel as well, as they are common names to me. Jon test drove our latest Atlantic car for us and is incredible, as well as such a great guy, just like Alex Baron.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:16 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt mention those guys, Ryan Dalziel as well, as they are common names to me. Jon test drove our latest Atlantic car for us and is incredible, as well as such a great guy, just like Alex Baron.
Yep. All great drivers and racers and not a decent open wheel ride available for any of them. Dalziel perhaps got the biggest screwing over...

It's funny to me when women racers complain about the lack of opportunity.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
You're kidding right? Great young drivers but they've got a lot to prove before they're on any top ten list. I'm not saying they won't be but they aren't there yet.
Thought this might be of interest to you...

http://eformulacarnews.com/news_info...9acf5360c054e0

(15 years old, first F2000 race, pole position, flag to flag).

If you hang around kids long enough, you begin to learn how to recognize talent and separate it from hype and marketing.

And BTW, Connor Daly took pole in Star Mazda.

But you're right, they're young and they haven't proven anything yet...
Old 03-28-2010, 11:27 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Thought this might be of interest to you...

http://eformulacarnews.com/news_info...9acf5360c054e0

(15 years old, first F2000 race, pole position, flag to flag).

If you hang around kids long enough, you begin to learn how to recognize talent and separate it from hype and marketing.

And BTW, Connor Daly took pole in Star Mazda.

But you're right, they're young and they haven't proven anything yet...
Amazing young drivers. I hope we finally have American drivers capable of driving at the highest levels. It's been a long time. My point still stands though. An F2000 win and a Star Mazda poll are great but they are not yet driving the most difficult cars against the best drivers. When they do, and I hope they do, then they can claim their spot.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

its ashame it all comes down to money and not talent. It sucks for the drivers and for the fans who do not get to see the real drivers.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I was at the St. Pete Indy qualifying yesterday and was sitting at the end of the long straight and Milka was off the gas so early and on the brakes it was comical compared to everyone else. She was so far off lap pace it was hilarious. Then around her 4th time by she tried to brake later like every one else and she spun out!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

a buddy named Justin Wilson at the Glen 2009 -- otherwise, thats it

Danica's sole win was purely from her strategist based upon fuel -- nonetheless, she did finish first. Never won in Atlantic BTW.
1 thing Danica is consistent with is ignoring her fans and being a beotch! I was at the St. Pete IRL qualifying event yesterday and in the paddock their were more kids...get this... lots of 4-14 years old girls with Danica shirts, pictures and pen in hand....with their parents all waiting and waiting for Danica to emerge from the trailer. When she final did come out she quickly got on her scooter, refused autographs pushed her way out and motored away. I saw this happen not once but TWICE!

Why do people put up with this is beyond me!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:33 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I was at the St. Pete Indy qualifying yesterday and was sitting at the end of the long straight and Milka was off the gas so early and on the brakes it was comical compared to everyone else. She was so far off lap pace it was hilarious. Then around her 4th time by she tried to brake later like every one else and she spun out!!!!
Saw that spin on the IRL website. That woman has no business being out there.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
1 thing Danica is consistent with is ignoring her fans and being a beotch! I was at the St. Pete IRL qualifying event yesterday and in the paddock their were more kids...get this... lots of 4-14 years old girls with Danica shirts, pictures and pen in hand....with their parents all waiting and waiting for Danica to emerge from the trailer. When she final did come out she quickly got on her scooter, refused autographs pushed her way out and motored away. I saw this happen not once but TWICE!

Why do people put up with this is beyond me!
Next time, video tape it, and post it on the web.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
Next time, video tape it, and post it on the web.
I should have...I have vido onmy iphone and never thought of it...I keep forgetting about the video on my iphone....great idea! I was going back over for the race but it is raining here so I am staying on the couch.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by mglobe
Saw that spin on the IRL website. That woman has no business being out there.
agree...but Hugo Chavez money goes far!

Quick Reply: Milka & Porsche