Sponsored by:

Milka & Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And Milka spins in every session, spins on the outlap of the race, out of the race early, and DFL...

Sato crashes...

Nothing changes....
Old 03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Milka.
She does pretty pirouettes.

She just got too much mass up top that's hindering her from finding the fine line of grip on the car.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
rickmdz
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums
1 thing Danica is consistent with is ignoring her fans and being a beotch! I was at the St. Pete IRL qualifying event yesterday and in the paddock their were more kids...get this... lots of 4-14 years old girls with Danica shirts, pictures and pen in hand....with their parents all waiting and waiting for Danica to emerge from the trailer. When she final did come out she quickly got on her scooter, refused autographs pushed her way out and motored away. I saw this happen not once but TWICE!

Why do people put up with this is beyond me!
I saw the very same attitude last year at Long beach race. She probably thinks she´s better than Shumy... too much press exposure can do weird things, like Paris Hilton thinking she´s an star, oh well...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rickmdz
...Paris Hilton thinking...
ha ha ha ha ha....Hope her head doesn't explode...
Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Danica really sucked today. Started at 21 out of 24. Only managed to finish in front of Graham Rahal, Tony Kanaan, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Marco Andretti, E.J. Viso, Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon,... and a bunch of other drivers. What a hack she is. Obviously can't drive, and doesn't belong in the IRL. Milka did finish last BTW.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Correction. Milka did NOT finish.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Danica really sucked today. Started at 21 out of 24. Only managed to finish in front of Graham Rahal, Tony Kanaan, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Marco Andretti, E.J. Viso, Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon,... and a bunch of other drivers. What a hack she is. Obviously can't drive, and doesn't belong in the IRL. Milka did finish last BTW.
Danica did get a lot better as the race progressed.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Danica did get a lot better as the race progressed.
I didn't get to see all of it, but in what I did see, she drove well, and the result she got in terms of improving position is something most anyone would be happy with.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I didn't get to see all of it, but in what I did see, she drove well, and the result she got in terms of improving position is something most anyone would be happy with.
Yes, she was one of the few who kept it off the wall and pointed in the right direction. Any race filled with yellows gives many drivers at the back to strategize their way near the front. Danica did admit to too much *****-footing around the first 30 laps. Like she said in the post race interview, she didnt want to do anything stupid. Good result for her!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Who else thinks Milka is going to cause a big wreck this year? They're blowing by either side of her...it's only a matter of time before she screws up...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 PM
billpor930
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DP

My opinion, although I'm not a Nascar fan, is that all the best American drivers are there. That's where the money is and money talks, at least for the pros. DP pales in relation to their talent. Also, to mention DP in the same breath as the historically great American drivers does them an immense disservice.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

DP and NASCAR have something in common, but I just can't think of it...give me a minute.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billpor930
My opinion, although I'm not a Nascar fan, is that all the best American drivers are there. That's where the money is and money talks, at least for the pros. DP pales in relation to their talent. Also, to mention DP in the same breath as the historically great American drivers does them an immense disservice.
Montoya was a top Indy and F1 driver and it took him years to learn the how to drive **** boxes in circles. You decided after a couple of feeder races that DP pales in relation to their talent. Put Jimmy Johnson in an IRL car on a street course and see how he does.

I don't even like Danica but at least I can see she has talent. Maybe not one of the best of all time but she's pretty damn good.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Jim. While I can see that holding a 3400 lb sled on the edge of it's friction circle for hours takes a very precise talent (and it looks like it is harder to learn), it is just not the same as having to brake it down, stuff it into the apex and get off the corner, up and down hills and blind corners etc. Oval tracks seem to develop only one facet of driving, while in road racing you have to be good at everything.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Kerrigan Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I agree with Jim. While I can see that holding a 3400 lb sled on the edge of it's friction circle for hours takes a very precise talent (and it looks like it is harder to learn), it is just not the same as having to brake it down, stuff it into the apex and get off the corner, up and down hills and blind corners etc. Oval tracks seem to develop only one facet of driving, while in road racing you have to be good at everything.
Not to mention they use all of their gears before they leave pit lane and the rest is throttle modulation. Might as well be automatic transmissions.

I have tried to watch it and see what the hook is? I just can not find it, but if everybody liked chocolate ice cream there would be no strawberry.

Quick Reply: Milka & Porsche