Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Bahrain Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, great job Vettel! He really managed to do a great lap.

Should make tomorrow interesting as Ferrari is quicker with heavy fuel.

Same for Massa, congrats! 1st time after the crash and putting MissBehavin' into her place, almost 1/2 sec quicker than Alonso ain't too shabby, unless you're Wayne or Alonso.

Similarly Rosberg showed Schumi rear end and put a decent amount of time between them, well done.

Renault looked pretty good although a lot of that is because of Kubica but still. Also Force India.
On the other hand, Webber & Button were disappointing, especially Webber, did he have a problem or something?
Losing more than a second to your team mate is bad, even when your team mate is Vettel.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Very impressed with Vettel. He seems to be quietly confident and I think, car willing, he will put up a very strong fight for everyone.

Both Ferraris were great. It is wonderful to see Massa at 100%. Alonso had generally been closer throughout the previous sessions so I would have to think his qualifying lap was less-than-perfect. It is going to be a great fight in Ferrari this year.

Rosberg is definitely putting down the faster laps over Schumi right now, but I actually thought Schumi acquitted himself quite well considering the layoff. The final difference to Rosberg was only 3/10ths and I had expected more. The race will tell more. Last year Rosberg was a dominating Friday driver, strong qualifyer and so-so racer. I think with Schumi two spots behind him, this may be the motivation he needs to get his race-focus to the next level. I expect over the next few races to see the gaps diminish.

Hamilton seemed to have the speed advantage to Button throughout the session, but McLaren in general seems a little less quick then I expected. Still, way better than this time last year. With a well executed race strategy, Hamilton stands a good chance of scoring decent points

Finally, I thought the new teams acquitted themselves decently.

Gonna be a great race (I hope!)
Old 03-13-2010, 05:45 PM
rickmdz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amjf088
Both Ferraris were great. It is wonderful to see Massa at 100%. Alonso had generally been closer throughout the previous sessions so I would have to think his qualifying lap was less-than-perfect. It is going to be a great fight in Ferrari this year.
(I hope!)
Alonso said, in post qualy press conference, with the length of the track it was really hard to run a mistake-free lap. I think Massa was lucky in Q3 and found a quick lap at the right moment. Compared with Massa, Alonso was quickest in morning practice and in Q1 and Q2, and the fastest lap if you compare the 6 laps between the two. Consistency will be more important for the race, definitely the most reliable car will prevail...
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really interested in seeing how Sutil does. The car is quick, and on the harder tires he will really be able to push hard after the first half-dozen laps or so. If he does well, it could change qualifying strategies.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Bahrain GP - Saturday - Qualifying Session Results

Alsono's thinking,,,,,"Hmmmm, Massa may be a little more of a challange than Piquet was. I wonder if he'll crash for me??????" "Me likey Ferrari, but missy Piquet"........"I wonder if Luca can steal Newey's drawings???"

Shumi is thinking,,,,,"I need to pick up my game over Nico?? WTF?"

Massa is thinking,,,,, "What crash?"
NO alonso was thinking .. Hmmmmm Is that Schumacher all the way back there ..

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yep, great job Vettel! He really managed to do a great lap.

Should make tomorrow interesting as Ferrari is quicker with heavy fuel.

Same for Massa, congrats! 1st time after the crash and putting MissBehavin' into her place, almost 1/2 sec quicker than Alonso ain't too shabby, unless you're Wayne or Alonso.

Similarly Rosberg showed Schumi rear end and put a decent amount of time between them, well done.

Renault looked pretty good although a lot of that is because of Kubica but still. Also Force India.
On the other hand, Webber & Button were disappointing, especially Webber, did he have a problem or something?
Losing more than a second to your team mate is bad, even when your team mate is Vettel.
Congrats to Vettel , the real story will unfold itself at the 3/4 race mark on Sunday , this is still a crap shoot over the race distance ..

Originally Posted by rickmdz
Alonso said, in post qualy press conference, with the length of the track it was really hard to run a mistake-free lap. I think Massa was lucky in Q3 and found a quick lap at the right moment. Compared with Massa, Alonso was quickest in morning practice and in Q1 and Q2, and the fastest lap if you compare the 6 laps between the two. Consistency will be more important for the race, definitely the most reliable car will prevail...
Precisely ......... Congrats to Massa and Henjoy ...
Old 03-13-2010, 09:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,379 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Massa is clearly back to form and only .1 behind Vettel. Very happy to see him back.

I don't want to start trouble, but Wayno, Alonso has NEVER had a teammate as strong as Massa. Fisi, Trulli, Hamilton (as a rookie), Pinquet... not exactly scary. Look for fireworks at Ferrari if they run so close.

Conversely, as predicted, Hamilton will continue to best Button by a wide margin. Sorry, but the only thing Jents has to look forward to is his "smooth style" and Hamilton's abuse of rear tires. If that doesn't happen, game over, the number of spots between the two will expose Button for the journeyman he really is.

Look for a Ferrari 1-2 finish tomorrow. In this age of ultra high tech F1, if your taking a hacksaw to the barge boards and looking at the exhaust outlets before qualifying, you certainly have cooling problems. Vettel will struggle getting to the finish line tomorrow in the heat and length of the GP.

BTW, not a bad start for Schumacher. Considering he's 41 years old and his 3 1/2 year layoff, he qualfied better than expected. Couple this with being on the clean side of the track to start, look for MS to move up.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete
Look for a Ferrari 1-2 finish tomorrow. In this age of ultra high tech F1, if your taking a hacksaw to the barge boards and looking at the exhaust outlets before qualifying, you certainly have cooling problems. Vettel will struggle getting to the finish line tomorrow in the heat and length of the GP.

BTW, not a bad start for Schumacher. Considering he's 41 years old and his 3 1/2 year layoff, he qualfied better than expected. Couple this with being on the clean side of the track to start, look for MS to move up.

So Red Bull was 'taking some tape off the nose' to help cooling.
Didn't realize that.
So how hot will sunday be at Bahrain.

So who's going to be taking out who at the first few corners . . .
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ew928
So who's going to be taking out who at the first few corners . . .
Hamilton and the Spanish princess side by side into T1 - doesn't get any better than this.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:40 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

1.Alonso
2.Massa
3.Hamilton
Old 03-14-2010, 03:43 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking forward to a fun day tomorrow am. massa, alonso getting along still, hammy looks good, nico over schumi, sutil doing well. can't wait.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Que in Wayne...

The new format (no refueling) didn't do much... Everyone on one stopper which was a surprise, I though someone would've tried two stops.

Ferraris were real strong as expected, I'm in Italy so the party just started!
Too bad on Vettel, he had the race in a bag before technical problems.

Someone here mentioned Ferrari's team orders... Massa did let Alonso by little too easy and then didn't contest when it was time for pit stops...

Money (Santander) talks & bull**** walks...?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
DanR
Drifting

i dont think Massa let him by! Ferrari looked good but so did RB other than reliability.

Overall a bit of a snooe parade around a track and with less strategy in play with no refueling I am not overly impressed. Other than T1 or reliability were there any top 12 racing passes made?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:09 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 944meister
i choose lewis hamilton and filipe and alonso and anyone with a wdc............ppppffffttt how typical . grand prix number three, kobayashi FTW!!!!
2/3 for me, how did you do? :P
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
If only you were a betting man
Nice forecast there!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by f8vr993
1.Alonso
2.Massa
3.Hamilton
Nice call