Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAA Towing Will Not Pickup Your Trailer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AAA Towing Will Not Pickup Your Trailer...

Here in So Cal I've had 3 unfortunate experiences with AAA towing over the past 5 years where they've refused to pick up my 20' or 24' trailer when towing behind a truck that has broken. They advertise that they'll pick up 5th wheels, boats, motorcycles, utility trailers, etc, but have refused to pick up a enclosed trailer with a car inside. This is under their RV/Motorcycle division and costs an additional $37. per year. Well finally today, as my AA card was renewing, they confirmed that they will not pick up trailers with a car in them.

Just thought you should know before you waste $37....
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

FWIW, in Canada last year, I hit an elk (or large deer) on the way back from the track with my Toyota Sequoia SUV hauling my p-car on an open aluminum trailer.

They send a flat-bed trailer to winch my dead SUV up onto and then hooked the trailer (with car on) to the back of the tow truck and hauled them all for me. The CAA guy even dropped my trailer/car at my house before dumping my SUV at the body shop. Worth the extra $ for the trailer coverage for me.

Marc
p.s. For reference, an elk will do about $18k damage to a Sequoia.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marc, that is because of the kindly nature of our northern neighbors. But were not friends again until after the Olympic hockey games are over.....
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
magnetic1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are different levels of AAA. I believe there is one that will pickup your trailer. From what Ive read on the RV boards, AAA is the worst. They provide limited towing distances, etc.

I currently use Allstate RV Roadhelp. There is also SamsGood Sams

I had to use Allstate RV RH once. THey came and towed my entire rig/trailer combo to the Ford dealer when my 6.Blow decided to lose a high pressure oil pump. They were there in 45 minutes.

Quick Reply: AAA Towing Will Not Pickup Your Trailer...