Need help setting up '73 911 and Gt3 cup for rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 12:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Yes, just like road rally stages they will be closed public roads.

I plan on running the soft autocross compound Hoosier A6 tires on the '73, they should be great.

I think loosening the swaybars fully might help too. I once drove a 911T on a really tight curvy bumpy uphill road and it was AWESOME with no sway bars. I just remembered that road, near the old F-Loles shop, I should drive my '73 over there and try it out for some testing. Also a road in Redding, Gallows Hill road? where Mary Travers lived would be good for testing, not far from my house.

The GT3 cup will be tougher as I can't test it on public roads and it's a beast.
I would suggest an auto-x setup on the 73 RS, you did not state what tyres you are going to use on your gt3 but seeing you will be making 90 deg turns i would use a stock street GT3 setup or as close as possible.

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
And your psychologist
Old 02-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Based on their web building skills, I wouldn't be sure of anything that they promise...multiple 8-9 MP images on the front page of a website built with GoDaddy's instant website tools.

Setting up the logistics of filming a TV show involving racing cars on public streets for 10 events in 10 states, and the prizes listed below, but they don't have $1000-1500 to throw at a basic website?

First Prize - a Ferrari F430, approximate worth $250,000
Second Prize - a Porsche 911 Turbo
Third Prize - a Corvette Z51 Convertible
Fourth Prize - your very own set of Steak Knives

Color me skeptical.
They can't tell you the route? Wouldn't that have been arranged already? The "examples" they give are comical. The ones in Cali (not even a state they plan to visit), PCH & 101, could never happen.

The prize list sounds more like a wish list. Any proof they have or will procure those to give away?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Based on their web building skills, I wouldn't be sure of anything that they promise...multiple 8-9 MP images on the front page of a website built with GoDaddy's instant website tools.

Setting up the logistics of filming a TV show involving racing cars on public streets for 10 events in 10 states, and the prizes listed below, but they don't have $1000-1500 to throw at a basic website?

First Prize - a Ferrari F430, approximate worth $250,000
Second Prize - a Porsche 911 Turbo
Third Prize - a Corvette Z51 Convertible
Fourth Prize - your very own set of Steak Knives

Color me skeptical.
I was thinking exactly the same thing Brian. Send us your $1000 with the application and we will let you know...
Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Mike
You should talk to Chuck Moreland at Elephant Racing.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...n-project.html
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I am skeptical too but I have been to the 1st event and I can't see them spending all the money and time for professional TV people, car magazine people, and production just to make a few hundred thousand dollars on a scam. They need drivers to pay, to weed out people who are not serious and to pay for production costs etc. Maybe they can't pull it off but if they do it will be well worth the costs and it's a new way to have fun with my toys, that's the main thing for me. But if the events are not well run (don't get enough runs, too much hassle, etc) I will quit and cut my losses, my time is more valuable than any racing costs.

The $1000 application fee was returned if you were not selected.

The roads are listed as EXAMPLES, they won't run on those roads. They can't tell us the actual roads or we would practice on them and get both unfair preparation, and town officials pissed off.

I have a bunch of Elephant Racing parts on my '73 including their new shock package, I will give Chuck a call.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 943 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I was thinking exactly the same thing Brian. Send us your $1000 with the application and we will let you know...
It's the same guy that put together Club Motorsports Park (in Tamworth, NH) oriingally. Seems to be SOP.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsics
Mike
You should talk to Chuck Moreland at Elephant Racing.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...n-project.html
Chuck has a thrread on Pelican on this exact subject - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...n-project.html

Quick Reply: Need help setting up '73 911 and Gt3 cup for rally