Sponsored by:

Ex Koni Car for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ997TT
jrgordonsenior, Thanks, I have all the paperwork except the medical sent in.
I might have an issue doing the tech before the event. I originally was going to use 911 design since they built Carmine, but since the race is in Nev, I cant get the car to them beforehand.
I will see if they can do an on track inspection. I currently use RaceTechnik in AZ, they have done some Ferrari Challange, Grand Am, and Patron cars. Loren is pretty confident that RaceTechnik knows what they are doing.
Well you came to the right place. I do the tech at the track for all the POC races. Loren could also tech your car at the track and would probably do it for free as POC charges $20. If you're in Las Vegas, Kent Moore (Premiere) is a POC shop. Do you have the POC log book for the car?

Assuming you're going to run in our GT classes (similar to NASA's GTS), you'll need a current certified dyno sheet. We'll weigh you and figure the class out from there.....

Are you going to Pahrump this weekend for the DE event?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 AM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

AZ,

Im so jealous. You have 2 of the best 997's built!!!!!

Yes, Im headed that way but unlike Gomez, I still have a full interior as of now

Im debating doing the Pahrump POC event, but since I do TT's, I tend to go with PCA their as I get more track time.

Maybe I'll go just to check carmine out again!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhhhh......, Carmine?
I have a vague recollection of that car!
Hadn't planned on taking the KB to Pahrump, but might change my mind now.
Would Carmine race or TT?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Johninrsf
ahhhhh......, Carmine?
I have a vague recollection of that car!
Hadn't planned on taking the KB to Pahrump, but might change my mind now.
Would Carmine race or TT?
Nothing like the scent of competition to get the old man back out on the track......

AZ997TT: Did you know Carmine was built with the "Killer Bee" in his sights?...
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Nothing like the scent of competition to get the old man back out on the track......

AZ997TT: Did you know Carmine was built with the "Killer Bee" in his sights?...
I do have dyno sheets from the approved dyno on both my cars. My 997 car is in the lower end of GTS4 class so I might bring it and run slicks. The 997 really is suited best for PTA in Nasa (we dont have GTS here).
Carmine will be in GTS5 at Parump in the race division. This is going to be my first time on this track and still getting to know the car, so i will be taking it easy.
As far as the purpose of the build, I have heard rumors but I am sure I will hear more sitting around having pops after a day of racing.
Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mobonic
AZ,

Im so jealous. You have 2 of the best 997's built!!!!!

Yes, Im headed that way but unlike Gomez, I still have a full interior as of now

Im debating doing the Pahrump POC event, but since I do TT's, I tend to go with PCA their as I get more track time.

Maybe I'll go just to check carmine out again!
I take my hat off to you guys gutting your cars. I started with an 07 RS and bought all the equiptment to turn it into a race car but could get myself to rip out the interior, so I opted to buy the Marcus car instead. No sooner than I finished it and I came across Carmine and couldn't stop thinking about it.
So pulled the trigger, and as luck would have it, Greg Franz just called me to tell me he is opening another class in his Pirelli Cup series to allow Ex Koni cars!!!
Now I have three fabulous cars and I really should sell one.
Its almost as bad as deciding which child you nust let go, I can assure you someone is going to get one heck of a car that was built and maintained without a corner cut anywhere...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
mobonic
Drifting

AZ,

Gomez and I started witht he same cars, stock 997S.

2 years later, they have morphed into track cars, with every thinkable mod done or on the way!

The idea is the same as carmine, take a street car and try to make the best track car you can make - minus the rebuilding required for a cup car.

If i had to do it again, I would buy a 997 GT3 or RS and do it all over again.

My car will become basically a 997S koni car in the next 2 years when i gut the car and add a full cage.

Gomez has a full cage, full lexan, and carbon doors going into his 997S in the next 3 months!

Target weight is 2800# with full cage.

here is a pic of our cars at Willow Springs last week at GMG's private track day.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 AM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

hawt.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Mobonic, 2800 lbs should be achievable, I think my car is at 2851 dry without the coolsuit.
I really wanted to change out my front bumper cover and rear wing to a RS wing, but I could not take the points for those modifications (Nasa PT Classing).
After going what you have been through, I think you would wholeheartly argee that spending $85,000 for my car is a fraction of what it would cost someone to duplicate.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! Amazing car. GLWS
Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 AM
mobonic
Drifting

Originally Posted by AZ997TT
Mobonic, 2800 lbs should be achievable, I think my car is at 2851 dry without the coolsuit.
I really wanted to change out my front bumper cover and rear wing to a RS wing, but I could not take the points for those modifications (Nasa PT Classing).
After going what you have been through, I think you would wholeheartly argee that spending $85,000 for my car is a fraction of what it would cost someone to duplicate.
Ha! I have spent easily over $85K and it would take another $20k to get to where your car is.

Yes this car is a great buy!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 AM
gomez1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I have to say is that your one fortunate person for getting Carmine. It's a great example of what can be done and not have to rebuild engines every 30 hours.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

I cant wait to put it on a big track and let it run, to be quite honest on the smaller tracks we have out here it is not that much faster than a 09 or 08 cup.
I think the major difference is that the cup cars dont have to lift to upshift down the straights.
a long straight like Miller will tell the story.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gomez1
All I have to say is that your one fortunate person for getting Carmine. It's a great example of what can be done and not have to rebuild engines every 30 hours.
What water cooled Porsche motor has to be rebuilt after 30 hours?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
gomez1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
What water cooled Porsche motor has to be rebuilt after 30 hours?
Well if you want warranty support from Porsche on the cup cars I've been told you need to rebuild the engine every 30 to 40 hours. I know people go 100 hours and the such. But the point I was making is that Carmine is as good as a cup car at that is rare in a non- cup car platform.

Quick Reply: Ex Koni Car for Sale