Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 guys with Hanksville Hot Rods roll bars/cages?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 944 guys with Hanksville Hot Rods roll bars/cages?

Not much pops up on a search. But, are many folks here running his stuff? The ideal setup for me will be a roll bar that can have the front part added later, as I'm not sure when the car will go to dedicated track car. I want it to be a weld in, and attach to the structure. I'm a DIY-er, as well. From what I've seen, the Hanksville Hot Rods setup fits the bill pretty well. I'm hoping to get the bar portion installed in whichever car I decide to keep before the DE's at Road Atlanta start this year (first is usually in April, going off of memory, but Peachstate PCA doesn't list one until June). It may not happen, but I hope it does.

One concern I have is that I would like to see some pictures with how it fits around the dash area. I can't find any pictures of the cage with an interior in the car. Ideally, I'll end up with one of the style cages where the front bars go down through the vents. Does anyone know if that is how theirs works?

FWIW, my only experience with cages is with the Autopower bolt in one. I'm not really a fan of that one. I don't like that it has attachment points on the wheel well, that it goes down in front of the dash, or that it is bolt in.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out the 944spec forums, he has a pretty big following over there. Everything I have read has been wonderful reviews.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His cages are very good as is also Izzy's cages (St. Louis, MO). I've got his window net kit but had a custom cage built.

As Doc said - try www.944-spec.org and ask the question there. A lot of CO 944 racers have his cage and probably a lot of pictures you need. Here is also the Hanksville Website. http://www.hanksvillehotrods.com/

Last edited by jaje; 02-19-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Weston
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hanksville makes great stuff, and Hank is a very knowledgeable builder and welder. He even keeps a 944 shell in his shop to verify fitment. It'll fit much better than an Autopower or most other mail-order cages.

Quick Reply: 944 guys with Hanksville Hot Rods roll bars/cages?