Sponsored by:

2010 Sebring Club Race: Video and Pics thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
I just uploaded 1 lap to Sebring so you can get the perspective from a 5S 2 liter (won the enduro overall!).
Really nice Juan and your car sounds amazing.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgomez
My fastest lap of the Weekend on Sunday:
Carlos-

A few thoughts from someone you didn't ask:

In watching your video, you're very smooth and from reading your comments I know that you are trying to be smooth. However, I do think your fastest time could have been even better with a bit more aggression.

1) I think (As you've said) you could pick up the throttle quicker on the exit of Turn 1.
2) I think you could go a bit deeper for 3
3) I think you could be on the throttle more into 4
4) Hairpin was very nice and you picked up the throttle very early.
5) Despite what you said to the contrary, I agree with Glen that you could stay in 2nd gear a bit more after 10 for a better launch through 11 and 12. As long as you're not going sideways, I don't see the harm in having the car on the edge more here.
6) I thought you should have stayed in the throttle more going into the Tower Turn.
7) Not sure if you tried it both ways but it seems that you could benefit from a downshift into 2nd at Turn 13 for a better launch.
8) Bishops was nice
9) 16 was nice
10) You brake nice and deep for 17.

Last edited by PedroNole; 02-14-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:11 AM
fapena
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have witnessed Mr. PedroNole in action at Sebring...and from a person in a desperate need for speed (me)...I can assure you that he is not bull****ting you and I would respectfuly suggest to listen to what he has to say... He clearly knows the track and his way around there...

Yes, Peter...I am still bleeding....

FAP
Old 02-14-2010, 08:47 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yup what he said. Herr Peter found me time and introduced me to my attachments !
Old 02-14-2010, 09:12 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fapena
I have witnessed Mr. PedroNole in action at Sebring...and from a person in a desperate need for speed (me)...I can assure you that he is not bull****ting you and I would respectfuly suggest to listen to what he has to say... He clearly knows the track and his way around there...

Yes, Peter...I am still bleeding....

FAP
You're just setting me up for the Glen aren't you. I see through your tactics...
Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Does anyone know if there was an offical photog for the event? I am looking for pics. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Color Tech South 407 325 2520
Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Really nice Juan and your car sounds amazing.
Thanks Peter. Big compliment coming from you ....!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dave morris
Color Tech South 407 325 2520
Thanks Dave. See you at the Glen.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
ajenks144
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mji911
Andy, Do you have a clip of myspin in turn 1 Sprint race 2. It was great racing with you as we mentioned " Just like old times"

Mike
Hey Mike,

Here's what I got. You can't see much except a lot of dust! How did you not hit anything?!

http://www.vimeo.com/9444349

The close racing was a blast. You going to run the SPBOX at Lime Rock or The Glen? You should!!

-Andy
Old 02-14-2010, 08:30 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Carlos-

A few thoughts from someone you didn't ask:

In watching your video, you're very smooth and from reading your comments I know that you are trying to be smooth. However, I do think your fastest time could have been even better with a bit more aggression.

1) I think (As you've said) you could pick up the throttle quicker on the exit of Turn 1.
2) I think you could go a bit deeper for 3
3) I think you could be on the throttle more into 4
4) Hairpin was very nice and you picked up the throttle very early.
5) Despite what you said to the contrary, I agree with Glen that you could stay in 2nd gear a bit more after 10 for a better launch through 11 and 12. As long as you're not going sideways, I don't see the harm in having the car on the edge more here.
6) I thought you should have stayed in the throttle more going into the Tower Turn.
7) Not sure if you tried it both ways but it seems that you could benefit from a downshift into 2nd at the hairpin for a better launch.
8) Bishops was nice
9) 16 was nice
10) You brake nice and deep for 17.
Peter, thanks for your well thought comments. In 3-4-5 I didnt' try many different things and just realized that initially on Saturday I was overslowing, while in the night race I kept in 3rd gear and focused on having a good run out T5 (I simplified my approach to Sebring by focusing on T5, T13 and T16 which are the turns that matter the most). Definitively there can be more aggression in T3-4 but not sure how much valuable time can be saved there that matters significantly.
Will try redline 2nd gear out of T10 next year and see what happens, but it just didn't work this time.
I did downshift to 2nd in the hairpin ? (T7) or you meant T13? (2nd-3rd is 70mph in my car and in T13 it happened before reaching trackout full throttle, so max trackout speed end up being better when I stayed in 3rd.

I'm sure I have something to work towards to on my 2nd visit to Sebring next year.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:29 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgomez
Peter, thanks for your well thought comments. In 3-4-5 I didnt' try many different things and just realized that initially on Saturday I was overslowing, while in the night race I kept in 3rd gear and focused on having a good run out T5 (I simplified my approach to Sebring by focusing on T5, T13 and T16 which are the turns that matter the most). Definitively there can be more aggression in T3-4 but not sure how much valuable time can be saved there that matters significantly.
Will try redline 2nd gear out of T10 next year and see what happens, but it just didn't work this time.
I did downshift to 2nd in the hairpin ? (T7) or you meant T13? (2nd-3rd is 70mph in my car and in T13 it happened before reaching trackout full throttle, so max trackout speed end up being better when I stayed in 3rd.

I'm sure I have something to work towards to on my 2nd visit to Sebring next year.
Yeah, I meant 2nd out of 13. Not saying it was better or worse but it did seem you were lower in the revs in 3rd there than any of your other gears on other corner exits. You're running data and looking at it so if 3rd was truly faster, great.

Please understand... I think your lap was very nice, so nice that the stuff I'm talking about is 1-3 tenths here and there. I've driven Sebring A LOT and I'm constantly fiddling with my line, braking, etc, in different corners. For example, I used to go into 5 harder and wider, tap the brakes and box off the corner more. This weekend was the first time I went in a little softer, stayed on throttle and made the corner shallower. Definitely more on the edge without the brake to settle the nose AND being shallower but I gained a tenth....
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, I meant 2nd out of 13. Not saying it was better or worse but it did seem you were lower in the revs in 3rd there than any of your other gears on other corner exits. You're running data and looking at it so if 3rd was truly faster, great.

Please understand... I think your lap was very nice, so nice that the stuff I'm talking about is 1-3 tenths here and there. I've driven Sebring A LOT and I'm constantly fiddling with my line, braking, etc, in different corners. For example, I used to go into 5 harder and wider, tap the brakes and box off the corner more. This weekend was the first time I went in a little softer, stayed on throttle and made the corner shallower. Definitely more on the edge without the brake to settle the nose AND being shallower but I gained a tenth....
I appreciate your feedback, and I'm sure it will count for some time to be shaved next year. the best would be to compare notes with someone else running the same car. That's why I think Cup Cars are THE BEST Spec class..... hmmmm..... tempting...
Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
fapena
Rennlist Member

What ever it takes, Peter... what ever it takes... As long as it is legal... I will go for it if that means I can beat you at the track....

If this year you don't blow up any tires...it will be pretty darn close... I love that place...

FAP
Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
fapena
Rennlist Member

You're just setting me up for the Glen aren't you. I see through your tactics...
What ever it takes, Peter... what ever it takes... As long as it is legal... I will go for it if that means I can beat you at the track....

If this year you don't blow up any tires...it will be pretty darn close... I love that place...

FAP

Quick Reply: 2010 Sebring Club Race: Video and Pics thread