Sponsored by:

LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Cory Jump
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it

Roger Bryan is a great guy and a really fast driver. Sure to add some excitiment to the mix. I am sure jealous of the competition in the specboxster field. Hopefully I will be playing with the specboxster bunch by this time next year.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:16 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory Jump
Roger Bryan is a great guy and a really fast driver. Sure to add some excitiment to the mix. I am sure jealous of the competition in the specboxster field. Hopefully I will be playing with the 996 Spec bunch by this time next year.
Fixed it for you..
Old 02-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Once all you guys get bored with Spec boxter and move up to the 996 stuff Ill swoop in and buy a spec boxter as a spare toy
Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

There should be a 15+ car SPBOX field for TWS, it's going to be a great weekend for the class.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:34 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

car will be ready
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Great Richard. Glad to see you are going to be running. If it rains then Ill be manning the smoker... No rain tires for me this year.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Great Richard. Glad to see you are going to be running. If it rains then Ill be manning the smoker... No rain tires for me this year.
Richard, running, can those words be used together ?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

at least I am out there VIKING
Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
Hopefully you can replace your avatar this year.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:39 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

I love my buddies
Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Would you REALLY like to see me out there running with you ?

Maybe you forget how long I have been doing this for Richard, or maybe you don't know. I currently get my thrill from building cars for others that last and run fast and from coaching them to go even faster.
Besides, what I do now is cash in vs cash out.

You should come out to some of the NASA or even SCCA events sometime, there is a racing life outside of PCA you know, some might even say it is more competitive. I know many people that previously did PCA that now only do NASA and SCCA, I can't think of any that have done the reverse.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Sure I would love to see you out there with us
you are a great driver and have instructed me on many ocassions.

I think you missed the point. I wasn't gong to take the dis of "Richard running ?" when I am doing my best to build and run in a race.

Pretty simple - even though m car has failed me countless of times I remain proud to try and persevere and hopefully succeed

not everyone can afford a pro coach
not everyone affords a pro bulding a car

some of us diy
Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Sure I would love to see you out there with us
you are a great driver and have instructed me on many ocassions.

I think you missed the point. I wasn't gong to take the dis of "Richard running ?" when I am doing my best to build and run in a race.

Pretty simple - even though m car has failed me countless of times I remain proud to try and persevere and hopefully succeed

not everyone can afford a pro coach
not everyone affords a pro bulding a car

some of us diy

I understand the DIY'er completely, I have even helped a number of them gratis over the years.
The "Richard,running" was really just in fun. I love your persistence, as I would anyone that has gone thru what you have. But it also forces me to go to the old quote from that silly looking German Physicist "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Why not change something in what you are doing. You have been thru atleast what 4 ? 5 ? DE/racecars now and still seem to have trouble keeping them running and on track not leaking oil.
Maybe paying someone to do the work would be cheaper in the long run. Maybe learning with a less expensive, simpler,easier to work on car.

It's not just that I think you would have more fun with you and your daughter and family in a car that ran all the time. But how will you feel when someone spins into a wall after oil was spilled on track ? Far fetched ? Maybe.Maybe not.

I've never been the politically correct one in the group and by posting this I am sure I will remain that, but I personally would love to see you running an event with zero problems or spins.
Although both spins and mechanicals make fun stories to tell, neither are things that one should enjoy bragging about.

As an LSR instructor AND event Registrar many people look up to you as an example and you represent the whole group in that role.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

God knows we don't want anyone out there that spins and/or has mechanical problems.

I dont think of myself as anyone's role model. there are many out there that do a much better job at that than I can.

As a family we are having fun, though at times frustrating on the track, we are learning and sharing a great time with a number of folks that I now truly consider my best friends.

Dont know what's cheaper building and learning or paying to have built and just trust. But I can tell ya that I am the kind of guy that if another man can do it - I believe I can to. Though that is a painful and expensive thing - thank God i am not trying to be a heart surgeon.

Racing and driving on the track has been for these past 5 years much more than being the fastest guy out there. Its about serving, enjoying, working and being around the greatest group of people I have ever met.

Thank God i am not the first who had his car spill oil on the track. And I am very cognizant of what dangers are out there and my responsibility in that (pushed the brrom myself for a few hours this last DE) I am told I am the first to ever publicly apologize for it. I have driven through many of others' spills and I have true emapthy having been there.

enough about you and me -
lets get back to talking about the race.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

I have come to the conclusion that a tweaked 944 turbo has about a 1 in 4 chance of grenading at any given weekend. I am hoping that the Boxster platform will reduce the odds to 1 in 8...

Quick Reply: LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21