Sponsored by:

LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Olcha911
This GTB inconsistency is awful! I can comment on how it is supposed to work, and what many of us have done in the past: Use the current rule book (IE: 2009) and for your particular class make any changes from the "accepted rules changes" for the new year- in this case 2010. This private email is a problem.

I'm looking forward to this race. I just hope it doesn't rain, simply because I don't have rain tires and I'm not buying any before TWS. Ans when it rains it's cold, and I'm a wimp and i get crankier than Wally...

-Keith

SOLUTION: if it rains, let me race your car.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

gotta know the rules of the game to play the game...
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

The secret, yet to be published rule probably knocks my car out of GTB. I would have to add 235 pounds to race there! That's a hefty weight penalty for the X51 engine mod that only has an impact at the upper register of the rpm band. I am guessing that none of the 8 people who gave input own an X51 powered car.

I have a NASA race the weekend before where I expect to cross the scales around 2865. Instead of ballasting the car up like a beached whale I may just run in GT3R. Is the hp/l index for my car 135? If so, that puts my performance index at 590. I'll be 185 pounds heavy but I think I'd rather do that than bastardize the car for the weekend.

Oh well, just reaffirms why I run a full season of NASA and just a couple events a year with PCA. No super secret, change the rules after the season starts issues over there. Running the event will still meet my primary goal, practice for NASA TWS race in April.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jays car runs at over 3100 lbs with no X51. It's actually 278 rwhp.
Although I am still not sure it would class in GTB.

Originally Posted by jakermc
The secret, yet to be published rule probably knocks my car out of GTB. I would have to add 235 pounds to race there! That's a hefty weight penalty for the X51 engine mod that only has an impact at the upper register of the rpm band. I am guessing that none of the 8 people who gave input own an X51 powered car.

I have a NASA race the weekend before where I expect to cross the scales around 2865. Instead of ballasting the car up like a beached whale I may just run in GT3R. Is the hp/l index for my car 135? If so, that puts my performance index at 590. I'll be 185 pounds heavy but I think I'd rather do that than bastardize the car for the weekend.

Oh well, just reaffirms why I run a full season of NASA and just a couple events a year with PCA. No super secret, change the rules after the season starts issues over there. Running the event will still meet my primary goal, practice for NASA TWS race in April.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Jays car runs at over 3100 lbs with no X51. It's actually 278 rwhp.
Although I am still not sure it would class in GTB.
I could pump it up to 3100 but then I would have to bring it right back down again after the event. Just not worth it.

A better idea - if I run GT3R instead of GTB1 I can modify my ECU! Think you could work some magic for me? Another 15 rwhp on top and a better torque curve would allow me to max out NASA GTS-4 at my current weight and also become more competitive in PCA GT3R. Want the job?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
txhansen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A better idea - if I run GT3R instead of GTB1 I can modify my ECU! Want the job?
Rob, that is certainly a problem with the rules so how about you run your SpecBoxster at TWS. It appears there will be quite a few of us there.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by txhansen
Rob, that is certainly a problem with the rules so how about you run your SpecBoxster at TWS. It appears there will be quite a few of us there.
If I knew then what I know now, I would. I sold the SPBOX 2 days ago, it gets picked up Saturday. I thought I had a good PCA platform to run with in the 996but I was wrong. I would not have sold the car, at least not right now, if I knew about the secret rule set.

Good chance I rent a SPBOX and run with you guys at Cresson for the BMWCCA event. And even if I don't I plan to open the Villa up for everyone to enjoy that weekend. Beyond that I already made plans to race at Road America for Labor Day weekend, then I need to think long and hard about what racing I'll do with PCA in 2011.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
txhansen
Advanced

If I knew then what I know now, I would. I sold the SPBOX 2 days ago, it gets picked up Saturday.
I did not realize you were selling the car. Do you mind telling me who you sold it to? Hope to see you in March.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

See PM

I could pump it up to 3100 but then I would have to bring it right back down again after the event. Just not worth it.

A better idea - if I run GT3R instead of GTB1 I can modify my ECU! Think you could work some magic for me? Another 15 rwhp on top and a better torque curve would allow me to max out NASA GTS-4 at my current weight and also become more competitive in PCA GT3R. Want the job?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:49 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by txhansen
I did not realize you were selling the car. Do you mind telling me who you sold it to? Hope to see you in March.
I really wasn't selling it. I just realized that I had not driven it since I bought the 996. It's the car I enjoy racing the most but when it comes to lapping, when I look in the garage in the morning there is no compelling reason to take it out in light of the other choices. So someone asked about it and I offered it up, it was never listed anywhere as being for sale.

Car is going to OK City, OK so expect to see it again.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I really wasn't selling it. I just realized that I had not driven it since I bought the 996. It's the car I enjoy racing the most but when it comes to lapping, when I look in the garage in the morning there is no compelling reason to take it out in light of the other choices. So someone asked about it and I offered it up, it was never listed anywhere as being for sale.

Car is going to OK City, OK so expect to see it again.
Rob,
He is a great guy, told him You were also when he rang asking about You/the car. His wife can wheel also!
Best,
G
Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Guess I should also say, watch out, he is one of the best drivers I have raced against in amateur stuff...he will be near or at the front in no time...
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Yes, I just talked to him on tuesday. He should be at the front at Hallett. Im trying to get him to come down to TWS with it. Not sure if he will as he still needs to get a few little things like a seat that fits...
Old 02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
Rob,
He is a great guy, told him You were also when he rang asking about You/the car. His wife can wheel also!
Best,
G
Thanks Glen, I appreciate the kind words and I know that factored into his decision. I am glad the car is staying local, in fact I may not have sold it if it weren't. He will be a great addition to the group down here, and as mentioned, will be running at the front of the grid!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Who is it ?
Thanks Glen, I appreciate the kind words and I know that factored into his decision. I am glad the car is staying local, in fact I may not have sold it if it weren't. He will be a great addition to the group down here, and as mentioned, will be running at the front of the grid!

Quick Reply: LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21