Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
coinboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, I just sent you the email from PCA Club racing. I thought you were copied on it, I guess not.

So when in the year does PCA post the 2010 Rule book? There has already been a PCA race and they have not published the 2010 final rule book????
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Bryan- shoot me a copy of the 2010 rule book, must read before I delete any more weight. You have my email. Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 246 Posts

Got your email Bryan, and I am just shocked! Apparently there is an unpublished set of rules floating around for GTB even though the season started. What would have happened if I showed up at Sebring, would I have been DQ'ed because I followed the published rules but not the secret email?

I believe this change may have also violated the rule change process. Aren't proposals supposed to be published in Club Racing News so that the comment period is open to everyone? Apparently this happened behind closed doors and only former GTB racers were in the loop. Those building new cars (or purchased existing GTB cars like I did) were left in the dark.

I'm more disappointed in the process than I am in the rule change. There is a reason I do more NASA events than PCA ....
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM
coinboy
Racer

The 2010 chart I have came from Donna Amico from PCA Culb Racing on Jan. 31st...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why I love NASA GTS so much, and one of the reasons why you havn't seen me at a PCA race in years.

Originally Posted by jakermc

I'm more disappointed in the process than I am in the rule change. There is a reason I do more NASA events than PCA ....
Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
coinboy
Racer

Hey Dave, look I doubled my # of post again!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Just trying to add to the fun !
I have a spare ECU so putting Jay's ecu back to stock could be done very easily ! I'm not sure he can get off of work to make it to the March event, too many other things going on.

I wish I could have the Boxster ready in time for Cresson, I suspect it will really like that track.
It's coming along very nicely and looks nothing like you saw it a couple weeks ago, it's kinda naked now. I'll share some pictures soon on that other post.

That sounds like a fun GTS class at Cresson. More and more cars are joining in and with the Spec Box and Spec 996 guys also joining so they have more races each year it should be a lot of fun this year !

I'm planning to run my Spec 996 with NASA at TWS in April. Viking, bring Jay's car out so Viking Motorsports cars can go 1-2 in the PCA Club Race. I'm not greedy, I'm ok with Jay having 1st place...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Yep, unless the change in weight was deemed a safety issue PCA vioated their own written policy on rule changes which states:

RULES REVIEW PROCEDURES
PCA Club Racing has established an annual process for considering changes to these rules. The specific events and approximate annual dates for this process are as follows:
March 15 Notification in Club Racing News and on the PCA Club Racing website that proposed rules changes may be submitted between April 1 and June 1.
April 1 Opening date for submission of proposed rules changes.
June 1 Final date for submission of rules revision suggestions to the Club Racing Committee.
June and July Technical/Rules Committee and Stewards review suggestions and formulate proposed revisions for the coming year.
August 1 Proposed revisions published for comment either in the Club Racing Newsletter, on the PCA Club Racing website, or by separate mailing to all licensed racers.
October 1 Final date for submission of comments to the Club Racing Technical Chairman.
October 15 Proposed revisions reconsidered in light of comments and submitted to the Club Racing Chairman and his/her Advisory Committee for approval.
November 1 Final revisions published in Club Racing Newsletter, on the PCA Club Racing website, or by separate mailing to all licensed racers to take effect January 1.
NOTE: Changes in safety related rules are at the discretion of the National PCA Club Racing Committee and may or
may not be part of this procedure.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Bryan- Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

So here is the scoop on what happened with GTB:

2009 - Official rule change process was followed for splitting GTB in GTB1 and GTB2. Weights and classifications were subject to normal comment period and changes were published in the 2010 Rule Update.
Jan 24, 2010 - Donna Amico sends an email to 14 people asking for input to change the GTB classification from the rule change that had just been commented on, debated, and published.
Jan 31, 2010 - Donna sends email to same group saying that 8 people had responded, with varying opinions. In her words "5 of the 8 clearly prefer a split based on displacement, 2 prefer the split based on chassis type (996 vs 997) although one of those wanted the 996 X-51 put in with the 997s, and 1 missed the rule change that we were going to split and didn’t understand why the weights were different from 2009."

She continues in her email to say "It’s not exactly a democracy", and then stated that the rules have changed to follow the table Bryan published. That table has yet to be published anywhere except in the email to the 14 people.

Feb 4 - Race Season opens at Sebring. No rule updates for GTB have been published.

So bottom line is Donna took it upon herself to change the rules after the official period, based the change on feedback from 8 people who disagreed with one another, and then has kept that change a secret from all but the people in the original email.

Just presenting the facts. Draw can draw your own conclusion about how this was handled.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:03 PM
coinboy
Racer

My question again is when does PCA post a new complete Rule Book every year?? Today is Feb. 10th and as Rob stated there has already been a Club Race this year. As far as I can see on the PCA web site there is a 2009 rule book, and a 2010 change notice...
How about just last year, when was the 2009 complete rule book posted to the club web site?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by coinboy
My question again is when does PCA post a new complete Rule Book every year?? Today is Feb. 10th and as Rob stated there has already been a Club Race this year. As far as I can see on the PCA web site there is a 2009 rule book, and a 2010 change notice...
How about just last year, when was the 2009 complete rule book posted to the club web site?
IIRC, the 2009 book was published late Jan early Feb of last year. In Donna's defence, I think we should remember that GTB is a relatively young class, and as such probably subject to needing more adjustment than many others. She sent the email out to everyone who had registered a car in GTB. Not saying it was done perfectly, but let's not get too bent out of shape.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by coinboy
Hey Dave, look I doubled my # of post again!

LMFAO!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This GTB inconsistency is awful! I can comment on how it is supposed to work, and what many of us have done in the past: Use the current rule book (IE: 2009) and for your particular class make any changes from the "accepted rules changes" for the new year- in this case 2010. This private email is a problem.

I'm looking forward to this race. I just hope it doesn't rain, simply because I don't have rain tires and I'm not buying any before TWS. Ans when it rains it's cold, and I'm a wimp and i get crankier than Wally...

-Keith

Quick Reply: LSRPCA CLUB RACE AND DE MARCH 19-21