Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION - Do Recaro sliders fit chassis without grinding/drilling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 05:38 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Default QUESTION - Do Recaro sliders fit chassis without grinding/drilling?

I am in the middle of preparing the 996 GT3 seats for installation. I presumably have the correct parts:

BK 9078/79 side brackets
BK 9030 sub bars
Recaro Slider 0.70.9NT

I needed to work one of the front holes of the slider (2mm) to make it fit with the double hole of the 9030 sub bar and the same for the back hole (10mm). With Dremel and patience, I got everything worked for one seat now and the test assembly of the seat parts went well. I will prepare the other seat in the warm house the same way but do not want to spend time in the cold garage this weekend to do more test fitting.

Just for my planning of the installation, does the slider fit the chassis holes without grinding or drilling extra holes?

If yes, do all 6 bolts fit or just 4. If just 4, do you recommend drilling the 2 extra holes?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2010 | 06:32 PM
sig_a
Pro

You can contact Brey Kraus for up-to-date information from their design engineers. They give solid, friendly, patient advice. Give them a call - you'll be glad you did. The owner is a Porsche guy.
Old 01-30-2010 | 08:05 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Thanks for the advice. I will go with what I have. If I need to drill some extra holes it is just 1-2 hours longer. However, it would have been nice to know if I am done with machining. It took me 5 hours today to patiently work 8 holes but appears to fit perfectly ...

Quick Reply: QUESTION - Do Recaro sliders fit chassis without grinding/drilling?