Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Featherlite Open FS - Loaded!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010 | 09:40 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Default Featherlite Open FS - Loaded!

Hey, the enclosed is coming. Check the for sale board...
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010 | 11:52 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Craig T.
Hey, the enclosed is coming. Check the for sale board...
You do know that a new trailer will not make you faster, right?

Cheers,
Old 01-27-2010 | 12:37 AM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by Krokodil
You do know that a new trailer will not make you faster, right?

Cheers,
Mr. Krokodil, by the looks of this paperweight on my desk, it's doesn't look like I need to be any faster

BTW, how big was that 2nd place token of yours?
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:22 AM
jsrcdr
Advanced

Craig, where are you located in SoCal and what are you asking for the trailer? Regards, John
Old 01-27-2010 | 07:54 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Mr. Krokodil, by the looks of this paperweight on my desk, it's doesn't look like I need to be any faster

LOL !!!
Old 01-27-2010 | 11:21 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Ouch.... I see we're all getting a little antsy waiting for our first race in 2 weeks. Are you two in the same class again this year?

Craig is that the Featherlite tire rack and if so, can it be lowered?
Old 01-27-2010 | 12:46 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Ouch.... I see we're all getting a little antsy waiting for our first race in 2 weeks. Are you two in the same class again this year?

JR, it's all in fun. Krok and I are friends. Besides, I only beat him the first half of the season. He smoked me in the second half. It was down to the wire and great racing.

It is a Featherlite tire rack. I got the tall one because I was still competing in the occasional rock-crawling event. I needed the clearance to get the crawler under the rack. It can be lowered VERY easily.
Old 01-27-2010 | 12:47 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by jsrcdr
Craig, where are you located in SoCal and what are you asking for the trailer? Regards, John
John, check the for sale section on this forum. All the details are there. I'm located north of Los Angeles and asking $5,500 obo.
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:07 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Well Done.

Are you really still comparing size? At your age?

See you soon buddy.

Cheers,
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:19 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

All in good fun Jr. Craig and I had a great time all year, even when he was trying to get me kicked out of his class.

Craig beat up on me pretty well early in the season when I was finishing 3rd or 4th, but as my driving improved (just not enough) I was able to win 6 of the last 8 races (Craig took both races at BW). Still not bad for a rookie season. Yes, I was a rookie.

No, Craig and I will be in different classes for 2010. Over the break we built the car as a CaymanSpec and finally took out the 300 pounds that I had allegedly already removed. So, the car will now run CSR/R5 or V2/R4 or GTS3 or … From what I understand we will race CSR/MSR combined so I get to run with you Jr.

What race group are the 996Spec cars in for this year? R4 or R5?

OK, now that I have hosed Craig's trailer thread he probably has to start a new one. Sorry Craig.

Cheers,
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:24 PM
Craig T.
Racer

OK, now that I have hosed Craig's trailer thread he probably has to start a new one. Sorry Craig.

Cheers,
LOL! No prob Krok. Now that you're out of my class I find it difficult to be irritated at you.
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:27 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

All in good fun Jr. Craig and I had a great time all year, even when he was trying to get me kicked out of his class.

Craig beat up on me pretty well early in the season when I was finishing 3rd or 4th, but as my driving improved (just not enough) I was able to win 6 of the last 8 races (Craig took both races at BW). Still not bad for a rookie season. Yes, I was a rookie.

No, Craig and I will be in different classes for 2010. Over the break we built the car as a CaymanSpec and finally took out the 300 pounds that I had allegedly already removed. So, the car will now run CSR/R5 or V2/R4 or GTS3 or … From what I understand we will race CSR/MSR combined so I get to run with you Jr.

What race group are the 996Spec cars in for this year? R4 or R5?

Cheers,
As I understand it the 996 SPec's will still run in the Orange group with the R5 cars but.... they will be in their own class. I fought for that as I didn't think it was fair to get in the middle of their class with their highly modified 911's and great drivers. I do however look forward to mixing it up with them and you this year. We should have some interesting races .....
Old 01-27-2010 | 01:32 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

As I understand it the 996 SPec's will still run in the Orange group with the R5 cars but.... they will be in their own class. I fought for that as I didn't think it was fair to get in the middle of their class with their highly modified 911's and great drivers. I do however look forward to mixing it up with them and you this year. We should have some interesting races .....
Jr.,

Yes, I read that as well, but things seem to still be moving. I ask because I will likely be the only CSR for a while and do not have much interest in racing myself.

Maybe you 996 boys can adopt me as an honorary MSR for the year? The cars should be quite equal and it will take a while before my driving is any threat. Even if that does not work out officially, I do look forward to trying to chase you down.

Cheers,
Old 01-27-2010 | 07:11 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Jr.,

Yes, I read that as well, but things seem to still be moving. I ask because I will likely be the only CSR for a while and do not have much interest in racing myself.

Maybe you 996 boys can adopt me as an honorary MSR for the year? The cars should be quite equal and it will take a while before my driving is any threat. Even if that does not work out officially, I do look forward to trying to chase you down.

Cheers,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you point out as a R5 car? If so, that's where you should run until you have more Caymans. The 996 Spec's point out as a R4 cars so we're guests in the Orange group for now. Depending on sign ups, the entire R5 group could be running in the Red group at some races this year. We'll see.....

PS: Sorry Craig for stealing your thread....
Old 01-27-2010 | 08:38 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you point out as a R5 car? If so, that's where you should run until you have more Caymans. The 996 Spec's point out as a R4 cars so we're guests in the Orange group for now. Depending on sign ups, the entire R5 group could be running in the Red group at some races this year. We'll see.....

PS: Sorry Craig for stealing your thread....
Jr,.

I think we owe Craig a beer or two for hijacking his thread. Maybe the mods can just move our posts to a new thread.

Unfortunately the Cayman points out as V2/R4.

44 base + 13 prepared (minimum, only using 7) + 4 V points = 61 points

Would need to run at 3200 pounds to run R5 and I am not doing that again. I should be about 2920 for the first event and near 2850 by mid year.

CSR is a guest in Orange as well.

Attached is a recent photo of the build process (should be complete next week):

Cheers,
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Featherlite Open FS - Loaded!