Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqmate Display Mount Location?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:18 AM
GaryM05
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have mine attached to a mount that is stuck into the top center console duct/grill opening (similar location to what's just above the OP's pictured second mounting point.)

All I did was take a piece of aluminum and cut some tabs on it that would fit into the duct openings, then bend them backwards ~120 degrees to fit into the slats on the duct opening. From there, I just velcro'd the Traqmate display to the front of the mount.

I like this setup because it has the display unit up high where I don't have to look down to see it (which is trickier than you might think with a helmet on that blocks a large percentage of your lower vision), but it's just far enough out of my line of sight that I don't have to constantly look around it to see other things.

I can post pics if interested (or if my description wasn't very clear.)
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

This is how I ended up mounting the DU. Does not block tach at all and is visible through the SW.
Have to wait till the 1st to see it in action.
Attached Images     
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I removed the ash tray made a sheet metal bracket that screws into the ashtray and velcro'd it to that.
The bracket comes upward, so it is visible while driving.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
This is how I ended up mounting the DU. Does not block tach at all and is visible through the SW.
Have to wait till the 1st to see it in action.
Good stuff. I was going to suggest that you should mount it where it wouldn't force you to turn your head at all to look at it. Looks good.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

I did the same thing as sleder, initially made a braket but ended up buying a second ashtray and modified it and used the clip that Tracmate sells. Fits perfectly in the spot. But see in your picture that the dash bar is right there.

Quick Reply: Traqmate Display Mount Location?