Sponsored by:

Sounds like Schumacher has given his 2 week notice to Luca Di Montezemolo

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:38 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,563 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Default Sounds like Schumacher has given his 2 week notice to Luca Di Montezemolo

Schumacher: F1 comeback is strong possibility
18 December 2009

Michael Schumacher has told Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo there is a very strong possibility he will return to Formula 1 as a driver. The former world champion has been linked with Mercedes Grand Prix in the past weeks and according to Di Montezemolo it is sad news for Ferrari, but a high chance he will return to the sport he loves.

"I spoke to Michael and he told me there is a very strong possibility but that it's not 100% decided," Di Montezemolo was quoted by BBC. "A return of him would be good for Formula 1."

Di Montezemolo will be sad to see Schumacher leave Ferrari but he admits he won't stop him from following his wish to race. "A guy called Michael Schumacher told us at Monza (back in September) he would renew his contract and it looked like his career would finish with Ferrari," Di Montezemolo said. "But then there's another one who looks like him, German, same name and decided to do a new career. Everybody in life can do what they prefer, and I understand that there is somebody at 41 years who wants to try again.

"So I think it's possible this twin, another Michael Schumacher, same age, same capability, some determination and spirit, will drive for Mercedes next year."
Old 12-18-2009, 03:47 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

It was reported in the Houston Chronicle last Sunday in the sports section. I was shocked to see any F1 coverage in our local paper. They said that he was joining Mercedes for a 1 year deal. I'll try to find the link.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
gomez1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Di Montezemolo is such a debbie downer. He shouldn't be so bitter and arrogant to think the world revolves around Ferrari and nothing else. Michael Schumacher is his own person. I think it's going to spice things up next year for the better.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gomez1
Di Montezemolo is such a debbie downer. He shouldn't be so bitter and arrogant to think the world revolves around Ferrari and nothing else. Michael Schumacher is his own person. I think it's going to spice things up next year for the better.
He is such a downer because he has to put up with Alonso's whines and complaints.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
He is such a downer because he has to put up with Alonso's whines and complaints.
Excellent point.

Quick Reply: Sounds like Schumacher has given his 2 week notice to Luca Di Montezemolo