Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will Danica Succeed in NASCAR?
YES! She'll have a victory in her first year
8.53%
Will do OK...Middle of the packer
53.49%
NO! Will not be competitive and hype will end quickly
37.98%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

POLL...Will Danica Succeed in NASCAR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Danicka Patrick = race car driver like Larry David = actor.

Both can do what they do, both make lots of money but neither are near the top talent in their respective fields.

I forgot to add they are both entertaining.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
If any of us had the track time, coaching and equipment she's had over her career, I think any could rise to her level of mediocrity. Many here would surpass.

That's a good one!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If any of us had the track time, coaching and equipment she's had over her career, I think any could rise to her level of mediocrity. Many here would surpass.

The financial resources needed to become a professional race driver basically filter out 99% of all potential pros, so the above statement could be applied to at least half of the pro drivers out there (and I'm being kind).

It's very much a sport of kings, an financial power is an essential prerequisite. Everyone driving IRL has had the track time, coaching and equipment she has had.

No doubt, she's a household name because she's hot*. But she's a hot*, decent race driver.

_______

* This is not to imply that I think she's hot because, of course, she's repulsive and a dog compared to my wife, let alone compared to my harem of far-better-looking women. I'll take Janet Guthrie any day.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,605 Likes on 834 Posts

Danicka Patrick = race car driver like Larry David = actor.

Both can do what they do, both make lots of money but neither are near the top talent in their respective fields.

I forgot to add they are both entertaining.
Well....some guy named Boris Said would beg to differ with you, John. Please see my earlier post with his comments.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+ Juan

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Originally Posted by mglobe
Nearly anyone here who thinks with time and money they could compete with her is kidding themselves imho.
Absolutely +100. It is amazing how many of our fellow PCA racers do think to a point that it is mostly about $ and seat time, either when comparing to Pros or even with PCA class winners.
There's a lot of talent and skill that makes the difference, and sometimes you can get as close as 1sec to a Pro's time, but you will NEVER make that second; and that it is what makes the difference.

Most of the mid-pack competitive Pros all have amazing talent and skill and most likely grew up being the fastest in whatever they raced. That's what prompted them to pursue a racing career and only a few will be succe$$ful.

In other words, if your Kid doesn't beat the crap out of everyone and laps the field out of the box in their early age go-kart career, please have them focus in going to College and view racing as a hobby. They will be much better off....
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pantie-ka is not a charger. She seems to prefer to wait the race out and hope she is first at the end. There is something to be said for that strategy, but as we have observed, it's a low percentage payoff, and only netted her one win.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

She does often seem to be a very careful driver. I think this has held her back at times (notice she almost never makes position in restarts?). I'm not sure if this is a lack of willingness to push the envelope, or if she's trying to be careful so as to gain respect from fellow drivers, and not have their wrath on her if she f's up. Imagine the crap that would pour down on her if she were to try some of the asshat moves Marco regularly does?

Nearly anyone here who thinks with time and money they could compete with her is kidding themselves imho.
She holds back because of the media microscope. Every time she makes a mistake, it's front page news, VS. a guy like Marco...
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
In other words, if your Kid doesn't beat the crap out of everyone and laps the field out of the box in their early age go-kart career, please have them focus in going to College and view racing as a hobby. They will be much better off....
Great, NOW you tell me ;-)
Old 12-15-2009, 07:39 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Great, NOW you tell me ;-)
You know when I read that comment, I immediately thought of you and your son. I don't know all the particulars, but he did race karts at a national level, but correct me if I'm wrong, but once he was out of High School, there was a fire sale and off to college he went, right?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
You know when I read that comment, I immediately thought of you and your son. I don't know all the particulars, but he did race karts at a national level...
Yes

but correct me if I'm wrong, but once he was out of High School...
Close.
He stopped racing this year (junior year of high school) to start preparing for college (SAT, college visits, etc).

there was a fire sale and off to college he went, right?
Not yet. I've got $ (exact # hurts to think about, although if you ask his mother it was worth it) of stuff still sitting in the garage, basement, bedroom, living room...anywhere there's space.
For example, $8000 in JICA engines and parts....and they cancelled the class for 2009, thus turning them into 19,000 RPM engine paperweights.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

No one is going to convince me if she were ugly and poor, she'd still be driving in the IRL and now in Nascar too. Just so I am not pigeon-holed, there are several males in the IRL and Nascar that if not for money and/or name, would be pursuing other careers like the rest of us.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

I hope she comes into NASCAR and KICKS BUTT. I really do. I hope she comes in and shakes it up. I think she has talent, but who knows... Does she lay back? Who knows. We're not driving her car, and it's pretty hard to comphrehend what she deals with, right along with her competitors.

Go DANICA GO!!!

Mike
Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Absolutely +100. It is amazing how many of our fellow PCA racers do think to a point that it is mostly about $ and seat time, either when comparing to Pros or even with PCA class winners.
There's a lot of talent and skill that makes the difference, and sometimes you can get as close as 1sec to a Pro's time, but you will NEVER make that second; and that it is what makes the difference.

Most of the mid-pack competitive Pros all have amazing talent and skill and most likely grew up being the fastest in whatever they raced. That's what prompted them to pursue a racing career and only a few will be succe$$ful.

110% dead on. And one other thing, is they, pros, can talk to the media and bring in sponsors. Well, maybe that's two
Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imagine the crap that would pour down on her if she were to try some of the asshat moves Marco regularly does?

So true!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I'm surprised Kotex hasn't stepped up to sponsor Pantie-ka. Seems like she's on the rag a lot so she'd be the perfect spokesperson.

Quick Reply: POLL...Will Danica Succeed in NASCAR?