Sponsored by:

Sebring Winterfest PBOC & PCA

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Bodymotion Inc.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring Winterfest PBOC & PCA

The annual mid-winter "Winterfest" sports car event is being held at Sebring International raceway January 14-17 2010. The event promoter is the Porsche BMW Owners Club (PBOC).
The event includes a six hour day/night enduro, shorter enduro's and several sprint races. All PCA, SCCA,NASA, Grand Am cars are legal to race. They also have non-race Solo events for seasoned driver ed owners. Bodymotion has openings for east coast transport to and from this event and trackside support openings. Please contact Mike@bodymotion.com for details. Also contact the PBOC website for schedule of events and driver roster for class availability.
We also have openings for both east coast transport and trackside support for the PCA Club race, also at Sebring February 4-7 2010, reserve your spot now, this one fills up real fast

Last edited by Bodymotion Inc.; 12-14-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,606 Likes on 835 Posts

Hoping to make it there. Have one coaching client, but he and I are trying to find a another driiver/drivers who want to "share", in order to cut everyone's share of my expenses. We'll see. Doubt I'll be racing, but you never know.....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-12-2009, 05:18 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Don't think I'm going to make winterfest this year. Getting kind of boring running the SM with no competitors.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
pat3185
Cruisin'

Hey Mike you should give spencer a ring....we are out on our own now if you havent heard whats been going on at Farnbacher...talk to you soon maybe we will use u again if ur empty.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great event looking forward to racing there!!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
dew-e
Advanced

Originally Posted by LDadrenaline
Don't think I'm going to make winterfest this year. Getting kind of boring running the SM with no competitors.
Yeah, only 4 cars in R7 right now, and most of them look like they should be faster than an SM. Not really a good class for a true SM car.

I'd like to find out more about doing private coaching at Sebring, but running in supersolo makes that difficult. Have to ask permissions and get an exception to run in a different group. Will probably end up doing it at a CHIN event where there is more track time, and having/being a passenger isn't such a big deal.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Bodymotion Inc.
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feed back. We had a full trailer but one of our guys has a medical procedure scheduled for the first week of the new year. He feels that better safe than sorry if his recupe is longer than anticipated ,so we have an opening for PBOC. I spoke to Spencer about the Farnbacher meltdown. If anybody can land on their feet its Spencer. He is aware of our availability and we would look forward to working with you guys again. Remember we are wide open for the February 4-7 PCA Sebring event for transportation and trackside support.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,606 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by dew-e
Yeah, only 4 cars in R7 right now, and most of them look like they should be faster than an SM. Not really a good class for a true SM car.

I'd like to find out more about doing private coaching at Sebring, but running in supersolo makes that difficult. Have to ask permissions and get an exception to run in a different group. Will probably end up doing it at a CHIN event where there is more track time, and having/being a passenger isn't such a big deal.

Yes, PBOC does not encourage passengers in SuperSolo. They do make exceptions, however, for regular SuperSolo drivers, as long as the passenger (coach) is registered as an instructor with them. What they do NOT allow are racers in SuperSolo, with or without passengers, IIRC. My recollections could be wrong....

You should contact tkerrmd, who posted just above. He is trying to put a small group together to share the costs of a coach.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Going down for one day of coaching and then heading back to Atlanta so I can fly out to Montana for some skiing. I hate that I am missing most of WinterFest as the event is always a lot of fun!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Arriving Weds PM and the usual suspects/guests are welcome to join the frey at the RCC over the weekend. Hope all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTN125
Arriving Weds PM and the usual suspects/guests are welcome to join the frey at the RCC over the weekend. Hope all have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season.
Christian, count me in for stopping by the RCC. I guess I need to dig out my membership card! ;-)
Old 12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Seth:

The black card is recognized worldwide and carries many membership benefits..........

Look forward to seeing you and I have enjoyed going back in the time machine looking at your kids. Mine will be taking the wheel soon. Time for a 1979 crown vic
Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
PixxByTango
Advanced

If anyone going needs a photographer for the event... let me know.

Quick Reply: Sebring Winterfest PBOC & PCA