Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing simulator format and gear?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

I put up a practice server called Rennlist Practice that will run for 3 hours of practice. Same password as the race server. Can race on this also but it won't be until about 10:00, it's mainly just for practice..
Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Kevin, Thanks for setting this up. It was fun. Even if I had some issues and time to drink beer during the two tow periods I had.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Was fun, but boy do I need to practice more! I stole 3rd by attrition, never saw a Corvette 30' off the ground before, was wild going down the back straight wondering if I was going to get by before it landed! Have to do some trials with setups too, I tried a couple of the fastest guys setups and the car was all over the place (for my driving style). All in all it was a good playing on a server that can handle 42 cars no problem and it worked flawlessly. Thanks Kevin!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 AM
GaryM05
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin - thanks for hosting; that was a lot of fun.

Joe - your comment about having time to drink your beer during the tow periods had me laughing so hard I almost put it into the wall!

Already looking forward to the next race.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I enjoy all types of racing, even roundy round in Legends cars (or Nascar stuff). If 10+ guys are in, it's all good IMO. I run rFactor on Simraceway.com for that very reason, racing is flat out fun regardless of the type. Get 10 guys on an oval in Legends hot rods and bang away!

Hey Joe - I don't remember a Joe in there tonight... where were you?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I enjoy all types of racing, even roundy round in Legends cars (or Nascar stuff). If 10+ guys are in, it's all good IMO. I run rFactor on Simraceway.com for that very reason, racing is flat out fun regardless of the type. Get 10 guys on an oval in Legends hot rods and bang away!

Hey Joe - I don't remember a Joe in there tonight... where were you?
I was there as Joseph Cooley

I was SO far back it wasn't even funny. Made it through the first turn issues and then had a cold tire oops at the busstop. 2 minutes of beer drinking. Then I had an oops in the toe but made my way back to the pits. However I eneded up doing something wrong and had nearly a 4 mintue beer break.

Uggghhhh. Gotta stop spending all my time on the ovals right now. Don't think I got under 150. I guess your times don't count if you drop a wheel and have an off track. I dropped a wheel a lot at turn one and the busstop.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 AM
mattipuh
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I invested to G25 wheel + pedals, and have been practicing Finnish race tracks and Nordschleife with rFactor. Really fun, good way to learn tracks, and teaches you some basic stuff of car setup tuning too.
Only downside is that is is quite time consuming, because of the fun involved. ,)

I "think" I have improved trailbraking now, but have to test it in real life aswell. at least in sim track times has been improved.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Uggghhhh. Gotta stop spending all my time on the ovals right now. Don't think I got under 150. I guess your times don't count if you drop a wheel and have an off track. I dropped a wheel a lot at turn one and the busstop.
Times are only so important, as the old adage goes - "To win first one must finish"..
Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Race report from last night:

The first event for the Rennsport Racing League was held last night featuring the Corvette C6.R at Watkins Glen. An international field took the grid at 9pm EDT. After a tough first corner (more on this later) the field stretched out a bit. Brandon Davis lead from green flag to the checkers with Justin Lewicke bringing home second. Kevin Bobbitt was running a strong third after starting seventh until he t-boned a stationary car at the top of the esses (at approximately 161mph) that was being piloted by Vito Valentino. After a tow to the pits, some major repairs and a change of underwear Bobbitt managed to battle back to finish 5th. Third place was taken by Gary Radocchio followed by Gary Miller in 4th.

Chris Considine, designer of the famed CXC simulator finished 6th with Sean Siff coming in 7th. Both drivers were involved in the turn one incident on lap one along with Tom Bobbitt. Joseph Cooley was the final car to take the checkered flag as several others were too damaged to finish. The official finishing order for the rest of the field has Tom Bobbitt taking 10th, Brian Skinner 11th and Rob Slonaker 12th.

Post race discussions indicated that everyone enjoyed themselves so there will no doubt be more races in the RRL.

Stewards Report:

After a post race review of the turn one incident involving Tom Bobbitt, Chris Considine and Sean Siff it has been determined that the cause of the wreck was overly aggressive driving by Sean Siff. As such, Mr. Siff has been placed on probation for the next three races in the RRL. Any further incidents involving aggressive driving by Mr. Siff, while on probation, may result in more severe penalties including suspension, buying lunch or beers for the league or any other penalty the chief steward sees fit.

Thanks for joining us for the race!

Kevin Bobbitt
Rennsport Racing League
Owner/Promoter/Chief Steward/Rule Maker/Punisher/and anything else I can think of
Old 12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Great use of steward powers on Siff. I like the possible punishments.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Thanks Kevin! Is there a replay saved somewhere? Can't seem to find any results or anything else for the race on the iRacing site.. Right after the race they were up, should have screen shot them..

So that was Vito that caused the "flying C6R"!!

Quick Reply: Racing simulator format and gear?