Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The napleton caymans are prepared by Kelly Moss, I saw a couple in the shop last time I was there, seem like nice pieces of kit. They don't do the cages but mentioned that they were done well.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Thx for the differing insights/opinions, guys.

The Ariel is fantastic but I don't want an open car right now. That means the 2-eleven is out too.

Its kind of what I thought: They are terrific fun but god help you on contact.. Other than the one post re the shifter, I understand the car (esp the drivetrain) to be reliable for what it is..

I really like the idea of the lightness as Mooty points out (main reason for considering same) and I enjoy a tight fit

A friend has a modded Cayman which is fast and fun; so the HSR sounds really good and is attractive (kind of surprised not to have heard more from guys running these already).

But,.. I cannot get the Cup out of my mind - a very fast momentum car, seemed like he was slowed nowhere on the track..

Well I have some time so I'll continue researching. All opinions thoughts/experiences with the mentioned cars welcomed.... TIA
Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 PM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hi.

i own a Super Seven Super Sprint, which is race prepped (wide track suspension, Eproduction shocks/springs/sways, full cage, no lights, cycle fenders, and a 178 hp xflow motor. full of gas it weighs 1053 without driver. it is amazing to drive; the most fun racecar i've ever driven, bar none. that being said, its very open (no doors, no top, no windscreen), and limited protection in a crash.

have you considered a Diasio 962R (not the older 'regular' 962 bike engined ones)? the 962R is their latest model; it is enclosed, has seating for two, and is powered by a naturally aspirated RX8 Renesis rotary motor and Hewland seq box. very reliable package. i think its in the 1500 lb range, and makes around 260 hp. super fast, super great handling, and real aero ground effects. they are reasonable to repair if in an accident, too. and quite safe; i've driven them, and instructed in them; very sturdy substantial cage; i felt very very safe inside it (about 4x safer than in my Super Seven).

a 962R would crush a race cayman or exige. used in very good condition the price is around $50k.

just a thought!

todd
ReidSpeed

PS if the standard 962R isn't enough for you, they have an optional 962R Turbo. 400 hp, no waiting!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spartan
The napleton caymans are prepared by Kelly Moss, I saw a couple in the shop last time I was there, seem like nice pieces of kit. They don't do the cages but mentioned that they were done well.
Any idea who is doing the cage. Is it done in Chicago. Also, that's a lot of back and forth to prep the cars. You would think there are enough shops in IL to do the work.

Quick Reply: Opinions please...