Sponsored by:

Holbert 928 Visits Home Again - Holbert Porsche Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks Mike.

Yep, this is a very interesting story. It still stings a lot to have lost the car. It was a ton of fun, but I can say, all that has happened over the last few months, have sure washed the salt out of the wounds. I cant thank all those who have helped me with the aftermath of this accident, enough. Im glad there is a good chance that the Holbert car will live again. For me, A new car is being built, and is almost ready to run. (In fact, if I could get the new replacement car to run, it could be ready to race after a cage was put in, but I would guess, thats not going to happen for a while now.) When I do come back, I dont know if Ill be running in the mixed venues again. That might have proved to be a mistake. I have heard that the Honda racer (Wolfgast) that took me out, has bought an M3, so if you do see him out west, stand clear!

Hats off to Ed for takening this on, and Dwayne as well. I never thought you could get as much mileage out of dragging the chassis back east. The Holbert porsche dealership visit, with Larry, Tom and Co.is an amasing ending to the middle of this story! Well done! DId you just drop by? I would have paid money to see the looks on their faces as you pulled up with the chassis in tow.

Mark

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
That's nice to know...

I have known Mark for years and have been on track with him driving that car a few times (though he preferred mixed-marque, SCCA racing versus all-Porsche events with the PRC). It is a shame what happened to him as he loved that car, but is is great to hear about this new plan for the chassis.

My interest in cars/racing/Porsches started when Al Holbert was running the Lowenbrau car. I took a several hour drive out to Holbert's once in the 80's just to see a limited edition car (944 Turbo S). I couldn't drive the car, but thought it was a really cool place. Like many, I was bummed out big time when Al Holbert passed on. It is cool that someone out there is a big enough fan of Porsches and Holbert to take this on.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story, brings back memories as we lived up there in the '80s. Bought an '82 GTI from the Holbert store. Used to see Al in the local pizza shop with his family.......wow I'm getting old!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:08 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Keep us posted as best as possible. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I like seeing that the car is being resurrected.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Any updates to this car? Just curious..
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Any updates to this car? Just curious..
So am I...