More NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
They have been known to show up unannounced.
Usually, if it is an organized/regular series and well run, they tend to stay away.

They are very strict about kids under a certain age being able to run in certain classes, regardless of experience or sanctioning body rules.
Lewis, are you talking about kids that have moved up a class because they are too dominate in their age group class? Are New Jersey state troopers well versed in IKF rules?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

At one time they would not allow anyone under (IIRC) 15 to drive a 125cc, no matter how restricted. Stupid, since a MicroMax is about the same laptime/hp as a 80cc Comer Cadet.

Of course, there are nationally sanctioned 125cc Junior classes (MicroMax, MiniMax, Junior Max and TaG Jr), so technically you couldn't compete in these classes.
Eventually the larger tracks/organizers got this "adjusted", but not without some "inspection" on the part of the NJ State Police.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
At one time they would not allow anyone under (IIRC) 15 to drive a 125cc, no matter how restricted. Stupid, since a MicroMax is about the same laptime/hp as a 80cc Comer Cadet.

Of course, there are nationally sanctioned 125cc Junior classes (MicroMax, MiniMax, Junior Max and TaG Jr), so technically you couldn't compete in these classes.
Eventually the larger tracks/organizers got this "adjusted", but not without some "inspection" on the part of the NJ State Police.
Another example of why you don't want gov't involvement with something that they know absolutely nothing about!! Try explaining to Deputy Fiffe that there are restrictors and airboxes to reduce the HP and the engine is set up to move up classes over the years and not have to buy a new engine everytime. Or the HPVs with 8 year olds running 100cc, but with smaller cans and pipes but an engine you can move up to adulthood with the simple change of the exaust.

The sanctioning bodies, club and parents police themselves very nicely in the karting circles.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't like the idea of State government getting into the business of race track participant safety. It is fine for the local or state government to have rules about sound limits or safety for spectators, but there is an established standard for partcipant saftey. The goverment does NOT and should not be involved. Driving on a race track be it in Road racing, DE, Circle track, drag racing or Karting all has sanctioning bodies that define rules and a host of industry standards. The hosting bodies do a great job to enforce these standards and there is no need for state involvement. It will not make racing safer and can only make it less safe as the state laws simply will never keep up with the latest safety trends in the industry and I can see conflicting requirments of old state vs modern industry standards.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Another example of why you don't want gov't involvement with something that they know absolutely nothing about!! Try explaining to Deputy Fiffe that there are restrictors and airboxes to reduce the HP and the engine is set up to move up classes over the years and not have to buy a new engine everytime. Or the HPVs with 8 year olds running 100cc, but with smaller cans and pipes but an engine you can move up to adulthood with the simple change of the exaust.

The sanctioning bodies, club and parents police themselves very nicely in the karting circles.
And they also police them selves well in all the other types of racing that I have experience with; road racing, drag racing and circle track racing. The gov is totally unnecessary.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add a bit of fuel, we've been equally harassed at Englishtown Raceway Park in Jersey.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bull
I have tracked Porsches in WA, CA, OR, NY, PA, CT, WV, VA, OH, ON and NJ.
I don't see Texas on the list. We need to get you down to TWS so you can f*ck with VR in person and sample one of Mike's martinis!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
Just to add a bit of fuel, we've been equally harassed at Englishtown Raceway Park in Jersey.
I'd love this subject to die - but I have to ask. In what way were you harassed? Ive run there 20 or more times - and never once been asked anything by a cop.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 177mph
I'd love this subject to die - but I have to ask. In what way were you harassed? Ive run there 20 or more times - and never once been asked anything by a cop.
What is this country coming to when this is the attitude of most people? I guess you are ok with universal cell phone wire taps also because you aren't doing anything wrong?

If you don't exercise and protect your rights then you don't deserve to have them.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

When the state claims AND EXERCISES the right to inspect your UNDERWEAR without a search warrant, the state should die, not this thread.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Same thing as the original topic, harnesses, seats, suits, etc. The State Police also decided what areas are and are not acceptable for spectators, which was pretty absurd. I've been at the track long enough that I know where it's acceptable to stand. Especially when I'm behind two sets of barriers and a catch fence.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

The state of New Jersey will let you know when this thread will die, not a moment sooner...
Old 11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren
What is this country coming to when this is the attitude of most people? I guess you are ok with universal cell phone wire taps also because you aren't doing anything wrong?

If you don't exercise and protect your rights then you don't deserve to have them.
Easy now. I said I wanted this thread to die - not give up my rights as an American. There's a difference.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I don't see Texas on the list. We need to get you down to TWS so you can f*ck with VR in person and sample one of Mike's martinis!
Both schooling VR and sampling Mike's martinis (what is this "one" you speak of?) are on my list for when I get some personal stuff out of the way....both should go down nice and easy!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Both schooling VR
At what? Backgammon?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Quick Reply: More NJ