Sponsored by:

More NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Premier Motorsp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
But, according to Pete Tremper and others here, you all should be THANKFUL for this level of government intrusion into your private life, just to have a track in New Jersey.
Those who would give up essential liberty for a temporary and illusory race facility deserve neither. -- Ben Franklin

May your state mandated less-than-two-year-old belts rest lightly upon you. -- Sam Adams
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

The sheep are comforted by big brother, big government, big expenses and big taxes.

Jack
Old 11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Motorsp
Those who would give up essential liberty for a temporary and illusory race facility deserve neither. -- Ben Franklin

May your state mandated less-than-two-year-old belts rest lightly upon you. -- Sam Adams
I never cease to be amazed at the foresight our founding fathers had.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Counterpoint:
It seems like Rennlisters from NJ don't seem to have an issue with what's going on at NJMP and the police.

Query: If the police are watching us on the racetrack, then who is watching the police?
Answer: in NJ, the mob, of course!!

I've been to NJMP a few times, and I've done DE's at both Thunderbolt and Lightning. Both are fun and challenging tracks, and the facilities are terrific. I never had an inspection done on my safety equipment while running a DE there by police or even track personnel. I suspect the local authorities pay a bit more attention at races. Besides, at a DE, I can simply not use my 5 point harnesses, and use my 20 year old three-point system and be 'legal,' so for me personally, the issue it moot.

The authorities in NJ are most likely well aware of some recent mishaps at tracks - like the Carrera GT incident at a Ferrari Club DE a couple of years ago, and the Evo event at Pocono International Raceway as well. I suspect that both the track and the local authorities want to minimize the risk of such things happening at a track in NJ.

New Jersey is the 'most crowded' state. As such, things like insurance claims and lawsuits are more prevalent here than most states. With so many folks living so close to each other, you need to make compromises, including having stricter regulations. Perhaps that's why the police are more apt to be at the track checking our equipment.

If having to be more up-to-date with my safety equipment is what it takes to run at NJMP, so be it. That tracks an hour and a half away from my home, it has good facilities, and is far more challenging than the next closest track - Pocono Raceway.

-Z-man.

Disclaimer: The mofia is a ficticious group of people. But they are the nicest group of imaginary people you'll ever meet!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Premier Motorsp
Racer

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I never cease to be amazed at the foresight our founding fathers had.
It is nothing short of astonishing.

On the other hand, those people had lifelong experience with enslavement and tyranny, and they knew the ins and outs of it.

We, of course, do not.

Luckily we have Washington DC working hard to correct that situation.

Chris Cervelli
Spline Technologies
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Counterpoint:
It seems like Rennlisters from NJ don't seem to have an issue with what's going on at NJMP and the police.

Query: If the police are watching us on the racetrack, then who is watching the police?
Answer: in NJ, the mob, of course!!

I've been to NJMP a few times, and I've done DE's at both Thunderbolt and Lightning. Both are fun and challenging tracks, and the facilities are terrific. I never had an inspection done on my safety equipment while running a DE there by police or even track personnel. I suspect the local authorities pay a bit more attention at races. Besides, at a DE, I can simply not use my 5 point harnesses, and use my 20 year old three-point system and be 'legal,' so for me personally, the issue it moot.

The authorities in NJ are most likely well aware of some recent mishaps at tracks - like the Carrera GT incident at a Ferrari Club DE a couple of years ago, and the Evo event at Pocono International Raceway as well. I suspect that both the track and the local authorities want to minimize the risk of such things happening at a track in NJ.

New Jersey is the 'most crowded' state. As such, things like insurance claims and lawsuits are more prevalent here than most states. With so many folks living so close to each other, you need to make compromises, including having stricter regulations. Perhaps that's why the police are more apt to be at the track checking our equipment.

If having to be more up-to-date with my safety equipment is what it takes to run at NJMP, so be it. That tracks an hour and a half away from my home, it has good facilities, and is far more challenging than the next closest track - Pocono Raceway.

-Z-man.

Disclaimer: The mofia is a ficticious group of people. But they are the nicest group of imaginary people you'll ever meet!
In summary...Police at the track checking safety equipment SUCKS in any state. It is unecessary and DUMB!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

But, according to Pete Tremper and others here, you all should be THANKFUL for this level of government intrusion into your private life, just to have a track in New Jersey.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
What?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what?
Gosh, I don't know what....

BTW, you won't get the rise that you were looking for out of most of the NJ track crowd as they are all at a 3 day event at VIR at this time.

And for those wondering if it is safe to come out from under their beds, this just posted on another site by a good friend who frequents NJMP...

"I was at NJMP today for a Shattenbaum DE, no cops in sight. No one I spoke with could recall ever seeing a cop look into a car. They said the officers are always the old, larger sized people. Sounds like senority-based easy duty as opposed to zealots bringing DE people to justice".
Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Not looking for any rise, Bob. Just stating the facts.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

The more I hear about NJ, the more I like Texas...

Too bad my real estate and career are both stuck in Detroit...
Old 11-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Not looking for any rise, Bob. Just stating the facts.

I see. Just seems to me that the "facts" would be better represented by the actual quotes of what was said by Pete and others, rather than your interpretation of what was "said".
Old 11-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
I see. Just seems to me that the "facts" would be better represented by the actual quotes of what was said by Pete and others, rather than your interpretation of what was "said".

How is my "interpretation" different?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I never heard, or read, where anyone said "But, according to Pete Tremper and others here, you all should be THANKFUL for this level of government intrusion into your private life" as you posted. I did read where several posted, as I did, that they were thankful for having an excellent facility and two very good tracks within 1 - 2 hours of home, even though there is a potential for government intrusion (never seen or personally experienced in two seasons of events) which SUCKS.

Maybe you don't see the difference.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Bob, I am not going to get into an argument with you, a friend. However, the majority of us saw the incredible dripping condescension (sp.?) in Pete's comments.

Quick Reply: More NJ