Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancing used Hoosiers

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Tim L
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, some new logos, we did the Targa Newfoundland this year most of them are Targa sponsors.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,

What I have found is that since I have had CCW's and found wheel weight's with 3M high temp adhesive and taped them I have never lost one. I don't see tires rotating on the wheel either.

That said, if I run the car on the road after a track day somewhat aggressively, the tires will clean up nicely. If you do that you should get them pretty clean tread-wise and be able to rebalance. Just a spirited drive to the place where you balance the tires will probably do it.

I know you have Hoosiers, but I'd still run them on the road to clean them up.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 AM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
At my last track event (Thunderbolt with Delaware PCA), I felt a rotational imbalance that may have been caused by a lost wheel weight. It could be an imbalance caused by the large amount of track rubber acquired by the tire, but that stuff usually gets thrown off when the tire is reheated. Not so this time.
Since the tires have life left in them, I figured I would have the balance checked and corrected.
I have scraped off some of the extra rubber, but there is a lot left (I have also removed the crap from inside the wheel).
BUT, with all of the track rubber that is still on the tire, I wonder if it is feasible to re-balance the tire.
Suggestions?
Thanks
A national champion autocrosser that I know taught me that if you drive in tight fully locked wheel circles in a parking lot, all the excess rubber will quickly be removed and your tires will be smooth. Tried it at my last track event, and it worked like a charm.

Quick Reply: Balancing used Hoosiers