Sponsored by:

Cervelli Coaching at the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Jim, Let me know if you want to go in on a Pro day sometime in the coming year. One thing I knew and the new car strongly pointed out is I stink after too many years puttering around in a no hp car.
Sounds good. I think Toby and Mark (and others) would be up for it also. We might want to see if we can rent slummit for a day instead of a DE. A day before an event would be ideal, but not sure that can happen. I think w/ a DE the number of drivers would be very limited..probably only 1 for red and 1 for black, maybe 2+2 (after what I learned last time). Maybe we could hire Chris + another if we got enough interest depending on the format.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift
Sounds good. I think Toby and Mark (and others) would be up for it also. We might want to see if we can rent slummit for a day instead of a DE. A day before an event would be ideal, but not sure that can happen.
I absolutely would be up for it!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

I've only been to WG once so maybe we could look at that also? Something like kojote or whatever it is called w/ open track for 2 days. Would like to figure out something esp since we (Chris and I) didn't get a chance to work on driving too much, mostly car set up....but lots of that.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds good. I think Toby and Mark (and others) would be up for it also. We might want to see if we can rent slummit for a day instead of a DE. A day before an event would be ideal, but not sure that can happen. I think w/ a DE the number of drivers would be very limited..probably only 1 for red and 1 for black, maybe 2+2 (after what I learned last time). Maybe we could hire Chris + another if we got enough interest depending on the format.
Put me in the definitely interested catagory for an event in the Mid Atlantic if you guys can stand a 200HP car...
Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Put me in the definitely interested catagory for an event in the Mid Atlantic if you guys can stand a 200HP car...
Ok, emailed Chris about how many he can coach depending on the format. I have a few others over the last year or two that also asked to join next time he is out this way. Last time I made the mistake of asking too many people and it was thin time for the 4 of us....but that was at a DE. Open track would help.

200 hp is no prob, I have 255ish. CC coached TD in his 944 na way back when. He probably knows the specs on a 356 and how to set up.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Ok, emailed Chris about how many he can coach depending on the format. I have a few others over the last year or two that also asked to join next time he is out this way. Last time I made the mistake of asking too many people and it was thin time for the 4 of us....but that was at a DE. Open track would help.

200 hp is no prob, I have 255ish. CC coached TD in his 944 na way back when. He probably knows the specs on a 356 and how to set up.
Although everyone would have preferred more time with Chris, I think all of us were able to take away a lot. I know the time that I spent with him paid dividends in my driving.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:13 PM
DanR
Drifting

PM sent if you do it at WGI
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Chris likes to only have one person in each PCA class, so unfortunately there's no room for you, Dan. H class is all clear, though!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys, the Glen is a great track and Chris certainly knows it, but do you want to be pushing your limits with blue bushes all around?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:17 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Jim. PM sent
BTW where has TD been lately???
Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 PM
DanR
Drifting

Originally Posted by bobt993
Guys, the Glen is a great track and Chris certainly knows it, but do you want to be pushing your limits with blue bushes all around?
YES! although the last time I tried it it cost me a reshell
Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Jim, I'd be up for this too. If you guys can get certified with the BSR group we could do it at a " seat time " at SP. The track is basically open for test and tune from 9am until 6pm. And it's 200.00 a person .
Old 10-19-2009, 08:58 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Chris likes to only have one person in each PCA class, so unfortunately there's no room for you, Dan. H class is all clear, though!
Then I guess you're out of luck Mark... Chris took a ride with me on Friday The non-compete clause for G-class expires in 12 months.

Unfortunatlely, I only spent 20 minutes with Chris all weekend (he was crazy enough to ride as a passenger with me for one run session). From the passenger seat, his arsometer felt enough to recommend a few adjustments to my sways and dampers. Next session was 1/2 sec faster than best lap time at T-bolt (despite crappy conditions and hoo-hoos with >20 heat cycles). I'd really like to get a chance for more individualized coaching next year.

Last edited by ninjabones; 10-20-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ninjabones
he was crazy enough to ride as a passenger with me for one run session
Man, he IS crazy!

Quick Reply: Cervelli Coaching at the track