Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
... get a life...
Hmm, luckily I saw the race before this thread. However, I understand the other gents frustration.

I think a better response would have been. Sorry guys, I'll change the thread title.

No reason to be defensive, just fix it and move on.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one that likes to sit on the couch with my laptop and browse the racing forum while watching a race on Sunday afternoon? I record the races and watch a few hours later to avoid commercials. My way isn't the only way, your way isn't the only way; regardless, it can't hurt to think about other people (not just for the OP).
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
And what a crap move, or moves, by GPDA president Webber on Kimi- come on!!! And then he "wins" the race...
^ + 1
My son noticed it immediately (I had to rewind it and watch in slow motion)...although not surprising, since Webber has had the reputation of being "hard to pass" for quite some time.

It would be ironic if in fact Kimi ended up taking Webber's seat next season along side Vettel and Webber ended up at STR with Buemi.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
^ + 1
My son noticed it immediately (I had to rewind it and watch in slow motion)...although not surprising, since Webber has had the reputation of being "hard to pass" for quite some time.

It would be ironic if in fact Kimi ended up taking Webber's seat next season along side Vettel and Webber ended up at STR with Buemi.
Plus one! I dislike Webber more and more these days - drives like a ******!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Android356
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to the team, Braun for putting together a terrific car, and just goes to show it does take some talent to win. I was rooting for Jensen, but wanted to see the Rubino take it to the final race.
This race was much better than the last too which were just so poorly executed. What a mess they were.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,477 Likes on 2,072 Posts

Originally Posted by 171mph
1. if you hadn't seen the race yet why would you log on and visit the RACING FORUM of an internet chat room?

2. come on if you are a real fan of F1 (obviously not) you would have watched it live. No debate there. And since you're not a real fan, why do you care?

Are you serious? Really? Gee, I don't know, some of us were at the track today and couldn't watch it live and we walk around all day saying, "NO DON"T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED, I RECORDED IT"., and as Grant said, were going to watch it with friends at the end of the day.

While waited for the rest of the guys to show up, I'll go onto Rennlist, but I won't open the 2009 Brazilian GP thread. Whoops, already know the outcome...

Webber as head of the GPDA is the fox guarding the hen house. That guy puts on more blocking moves than an NFL lineman. The guys is close to being "dirty".
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Jesus, it wasn't even a morning race- if you don't want to know stuff don't go on the internet, BTW, I didn't say anything about who actually won the race in the title... get a life...
Or maybe you should know better than to post results in a title.

But then you had to be the first to "CONGRATs JENSON!!!!", I'm sure he appreciated it when he logged on after the race yesterday.

foo.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

I won't pile on about the spoiler issue, I think the points have been made succintly.

However, I concur with the OP's sentiment vis-a-vis Jenson: He drove an excellent race and I am pleased for him. Hamilton and Vettel also drove excellent races, coming from so far back to the front of the race. Actually, there were quite a few good drives. Unfortunately I have to agree that Webber's win is a little tainted by that "move".
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Like many here who have real lives, I didn't get to watch the GP until late Sunday night.
Opening the forum earlier to find the title of this thread was:
- Unexpected [most RL members are smart enough to know better]
- Enough to wreck the race for me, and many others based on this thread

Having seen the OP's response [basically FU, you're not real fans if you didn't watch it live] he qualifies as a complete dickbird.

I'm with Charlie on this -
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Would a Moderator kindly change the thread title to eliminate the spoiler? Thank you.

Greg A
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Due to family obligations I rarely get to watch the race live. But knowing that it will be heavily discussed on this particular forum I stay away from here until I've seen the race.

For those up in arms about this, did you really expect not to see it covered here?

And how do you propose to change the title? "Congratulations Mistery Driver on winning the championship" maybe? There could have been only one title winner this weekend. If you didn't want to find out in advance, stay off the forum. Are we supposed to not discuss the WDC without your permission?

That being said, it was a great qualifying and race, one of the best this year! Lots of suspense, lots of overtaking, lots of drama.

CONGRATULATIONS JENSON!!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ilko,

"Congratulations to the new F1 WDC! (Spoilers Inside)"

How difficult is that?

Greg A
Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, congrats to an inferior driver with a great car. he joins the ranks of damon hill and jacques villeneuve in that elite company
I second that. I can't think of a less talented driver that has won (although Button may be better than Hill) since the ones you mentioned. I will concede that the Brazilian race was arguably his best drive of the year....although the whining about Kobayashi was a punk move.
Other than the fact the Brawn was untouchable at the beginning of the year he does not win it all. I realize that is enough but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Credit should go to Brawn/Honda/Mercedes for producing a car that was far superior to their rivals in the 1st half of the season...and on the flip side shame on everyone else for letting someone get such an advantage and then not being able to capitalize when the advantage was gone. I just hate seeing guys that can't produce better results than what the car is capable of. Taking mediocre car and and be competitive and/or winning with them is what sets apart the true champions/greats from the the also rans like Button, Hill, etc.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

1. if you hadn't seen the race yet why would you log on and visit the RACING FORUM of an internet chat room?

2. come on if you are a real fan of F1 (obviously not) you would have watched it live. No debate there. And since you're not a real fan, why do you care?
he he he
i'm certainly not a real fan.
what's the point of F1 ?

The recent GT2 race @ Laguna Seca was log scales more interesting than the few F1 races I've been exposed to.
I did like the rainy one in China though, lottsa interesting lines in the rain.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg A
"Congratulations to the new F1 WDC! (Spoilers Inside)"
Seeing as how Button, mathematically, was the only one who could win at Interlagos that's pretty much the same thing.

Quick Reply: Brazil GP Spoiler