Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Even before Alonso has turned a wheel, there is a first sign of problem at Ferrari...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009 | 12:33 PM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Regardless of how you feel about Alonso, shouldn't Massa just be quiet about this? I'm a Ferrari/Massa fan, but think a little before you open your mouth. Going public with these thoughts just doesn't seem like a good way to start a partnership with a new teammate.
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:35 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pete
Funny, I thought of an Italian Opera instead of Shakespeare. But the end result is the same.
It's neither.

"Kabuki".
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Wait a sec, Massa b1tches and moans and Alonso is at fault??? Who is acting like a lil b1tch here? Massa needs to look back at all his mistakes earlier in the yr where he had 0 points for the 1st 3 races or so. I guess that was someone else's fault as well. It's too easy to blame others when you come short but there were plenty of times Massa had dnf's early in the yr that were his own doing.
Funny, how he doesn't blame the pit crew or the strategy to use pit lights but instead focuses on the safety car scenario. He has to get over the fact that he lost the championship by 1 point. He didn't gather enough points early in the yr and it came back to bite him.
Funny that Alonso lost the championship by 1 point as well yet he was not b1tching a yr later about how he got screwed by McLaren. Time to grow up Massa!
Get your act together, get ready to get owned by Alonso!
Ferrari will be a perfect fit for Alonso and in no time, the team will rally behind him.
Regards.
Raj
Old 10-15-2009 | 02:20 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Massa and Rubens cry all the time. It is fine to have two girl drivers in F1.

Poor Massa, Alonso in Ferrari is going to make Massa look bad. Massa was nowhere near Schumi in performance. Alonso won 2 WC with Schumi around
Old 10-15-2009 | 02:27 PM
M758
Race Director

I though Kimi was suppsed to make Massa look bad.
Old 10-15-2009 | 03:00 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

After his stint at Ferrari, I consider Kimi to be the most over-rated driver in F1. Ironically, it all started with Sauber, how Kimi got the rep of being the fastest guy in F1 and his team-mate Nick Heidfeld never got his fair shake. I think Nick to this day suffers from the same rep.
Raj
Old 10-15-2009 | 03:06 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Can't wait till the F1 Operetta season opens.

'Put on my magik helmet.
Time to keel the wabbit . . . '

So will they publish an F1 corollary glossy mag to People.
Just call it Drover mag. Available at you local checkout aisle and newstands.
Old 10-15-2009 | 11:01 PM
Todsimpson
Racer

You guys crack me up.

Alonso will bring championships to Ferrari. Quote me on that. :-)
Old 10-15-2009 | 11:43 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todsimpson
You guys crack me up.

Alonso will bring championships to Ferrari. Quote me on that. :-)
I didn't realize that Alonso started a trophy delivery service so he can deliver championships. (I just couldn't resist.)
Old 10-16-2009 | 01:38 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso's response...

Alonso plays down Massa comments
16 October 2009

Fernando Alonso has cast aside comments from future team-mate Felipe Massa suggesting that the Spaniard was fully aware of the race-fixing scandal of Singapore last year. The Renault driver is confident that a strong working relationship will be maintained at Ferrari next season.

Alonso makes the transition from Renault to Ferrari for 2010
With Alonso's move to the Scuderia set to see an all-Latin line-up at the Maranello team, Ferrari clarified Massa's feelings from an interview in Brazil this week after the local man told reporters the following:

"He (Alonso) is the least (contributing part) of the problem. It was the team (Renault) and Nelson (Piquet), but Alonso was part of the problem, he knew - we do not know it (confirmed) but of course he knew, it's an absolute certainty."

Alonso remained calm when quizzed over the Brazilian's feelings on Thursday. "First of all, I don't know what is true or not," he began. "Maybe it was a misunderstanding with Felipe, or the media, or whatever, so it is difficult to know what is true and what is not true about what he said. Later he said a different thing - it is not very important for me and I was not too worried."

Most Massa-Alonso duels to date came during the 2007 season
Fernando admitted that there have been heated moments between the duo, such as during the Spanish and European Grands Prix of 2007, but remains confident ahead of 2010. "It will not affect anything for me or our relationship," he stressed.

"I still think that it will be great because at Ferrari the group is more important than the individual; all of the mechanics, the engineers, the people in the factory, the drivers, Stefano (Domenicali, Team Principal), President Montezemolo and everyone are part of a big family."
Old 10-16-2009 | 11:13 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I really admired Massa's grace and sportsmaship after the final race last year. However, his continued whining about the ramifications of crash-gate is getting a little old and it might be better for him to keep a lid on his thoughts. Although what the Renault team did was deplorable, it impacted everyone. It was the Ferrari team that messed that pit stop up, and of course if you want to look through that season you could come up with a whole lot of other what ifs - both positive and negative...

I sense that Massa is a little rattled by the arrival of Alonso. Although he (Massa) might start out as the sympathetc favorite amongst the team rank and file, that may change if Alonso starts winning more and Massa goes into whine and complain mode.

Although my opinion is worth somewhere betweeen zero and nothing, I believe that Alonso is going to win the most races and, if the car is competitive, bring in championships.

However, I would not be disappointed to be proven wrong by Massa!
Old 10-16-2009 | 11:19 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amjf088
I sense that Massa is a little rattled by the arrival of Alonso. Although he (Massa) might start out as the sympathetc favorite amongst the team rank and file, that may change if Alonso starts winning more and Massa goes into whine and complain mode.
My exact thoughts as well. 100% true.

Raj
Old 10-16-2009 | 11:31 AM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Spot on.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
The only reason I said seemingly is because I try not to judge people till I've met them. I don't know Alonso and can only make comments based on Media reports. I know people will say, if its coming from soo many people it must be true, but I don't support that view. If I don't know you, then I can't comment on your character, unless the character reference is from a trusted friend.

I don't think people here are saying Alonso doesn't have talent. They are just pointing out that he seems to ruin everything he touches in a sense of team.

I do think Massa may be rattled. He is talented, but i don't know if he has the mentality to deal with the likes of Alonso.
Old 10-16-2009 | 04:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Massa is an Heeediot to make such a public statement , maybe it was the blow he recieved !
the one at birth ...
Old 10-18-2009 | 10:27 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

The title of this thread is grossly misleading.

Alonso hasn't done a thing here. Other than down play Massa's whinning.

I have a feeling, based on "track" situations (2007 European GP) and the subsequent events immediately following them, that Massa is not as confident about his chances against Ms. Alonso.

Maybe the title to the thread should've been, "Massa is already whinning and bitching about Alonso in attempt to be the sentimental favorite on the team..."

Fact is Alonso has 2 WDC and Massa has 0. He may not be faster than Massa but then again Massa my not be faster than him.

Quick Reply: Even before Alonso has turned a wheel, there is a first sign of problem at Ferrari...