Sponsored by:

out for a SPIN

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:22 AM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Hey, hey, hey... be nice to my old car and put some fresh shoes on her....
Ya...but vut efer you do, don't put un rain tyres. Right Mr. wine & cheese club man?? Dunt wan to get yur panties vet!! Der omo.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 AM
dblapex
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edward
I like the slo-mo and video commentary at the end ...kind of cool "teachable moment" there.

BTW, why is driver in bare hands/arms? And why does it appear he is driving with arms out straight F1-style? Seems to me that if one has a helmet on and taking laps, one should be appropriately attired for safety.

Edward
probably for the same reason they are not wearing 6 point harness and full nomex and Hans devices. Which BTW you are more likely to need the HANS than fire protection in a street car at a DE. I always request students with race cars/6 point harness so I have a chance of wearing my hans, I fell naked without it.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Throttle position sensor was the most useful modification that I made this season. Is it possible to add one to your datalogger?

I had one spin this season, very similar to this one on turn 7 at summit point (unsuccessfully trying to keep up with Bob).
I watched the video after the run and thought I had a good understanding about what happened; however, after looking at the data (plotting lat G and throttle position) and syncing with the video, I learned that my right foot was really the cause (I was at 1.3 Gs and added a smidge of throttle way too early). It's also nice to see exactly what your right foot is doing in an emergency (did you really stay on the throttle, or did you lift a smidge)... our memory can deceive us, but the data never lies.

Last edited by ninjabones; 10-28-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:21 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop getting faster!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: out for a SPIN