Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Featherlight open trailer FS

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why don't I have any money when these great parts and cars go on sale???
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

Know what ya mean, there are some SMOKIN deals out there right now!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Why is it those open trailers seem to blow tires so often? Smaller diameter run hotter? Just curious as it seems all my friends have blown at least one tire this year alone, some two. I did notice one trailer seemed to wear the tires strangely, but would think that's an axle alignment issue or something..
Mine was brand new and on its maiden run. When they tell you to check the lug bolts every few miles when it is new they really want you to do it. The lug bolts are not really fully seated in the brake drums as they come from the factory, at least that is the way I see it. Nuts could be fully torqued and will still loosen a bit with first use. Wifey was driving behind me and heard a noise, saw a "beer can" fly out from under my trailer. A few miles later I heard the noise again and as I pulled off the highway I could see one of the wheels at about 10 degrees neg camber. The shiny thing she thought was a can was the chrome wheel cap. 3 nuts left with holes the size of silver dollars. All other nuts were also slightly loose, but this wheel was toast. Bolts were almost cut in half. Pumped the single tire to its max and drove the few miles left to the event. After doing the math a few times I figured out that the single wheel would not be over loaded on the 80 mile ride home. The equation did not work out until I entered the tongue weight into it. Made it home OK. Glad the few cruisers that went by were on the wrong side to see it though. Torsion axels rule.

Quick Reply: Featherlight open trailer FS