Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Posting - Just wondering

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me it's just a question of good manners in a community of friends sharing a hobby. I don't think I would post a wreck video or photo without first asking the owner's permission. To some guys, it's no big deal and they'll say "sure, go ahead and post it". To others, it may be very embarrassing or emotional for whatever reasons that aren't my business. Or for whatever reason, they just prefer not to have a record of their misfortune immortalized on the internet. Again, it's just good manners in my mind to respect that.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a difficult thing.

Posting pictures of a crash of a car DE that is not you own is very bad form. Reason is that who knows what is going to happen with this guy and the car. Better to not get involved. Race cars get bit more leway, but still better to not post.

If it is your own car and it was a single car... then posting away is ok to the extent that you have given concent. If another car is involved then don't post as you don't know what the other guy may be thinking. Also a light tap is different from a serious hit.

A few years ago we had a 944 driver go odd a hit a wall. Car was badly damaged and the driver hurt. I looked at the car after for the reason of understanding how the safety gear and how the tub performed. I leared some good things about it, but never took a picture and if I had would never post it. The officials did put a cover over the car and pushed most folks away. They did let some other 944 guys see it mostly because we race the same car and how a 944 hold ups in of more pracitcal interest to a 944 driver than a Honda driver.

As for what was learned... The 944 tubs are strong, but the weak point is the floor. It can flex easly and move even a well mounted seat. After this we make sure to allow reienforcements in the floor pan of the seats to reduce the risks.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHVIZZ951
Frankie babe!!!

Id love to see that video of your spectacular wreck, whos got it??

Personally, I Never go to look at crashed cars in the paddock or bone yard, and I try Not to watch crash videos unless the concensus is that it shows some mistakes that led up to the incident, and can be used as a learning tool.
I try to keep the Karma Card clean..
Vizzster,
I look at wrecks, I watch videos, I read books....I want to know exactly what happened, it's the only way I can sleep at night. If it's a mystery, that's unsettling, to me.
I recommend Dr. Syd Watkins and Dr. Steve Ogilvey's books to all, by the way, both are the first guys on the scene (F1 and Indy, resp) and very interesting (to a doctor/racer at least).

So, yeah, my Road Atlanta wreck from 4 or 5 years ago exists, but the guy who has it hates me (for my actions afterwards I'm sure) and won't show it. It's the one that got away, I'd love to see it....
Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 AM
neros
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[youtube]_MczoR1LVh0[/youtube]

Quick Reply: Crash Posting - Just wondering