Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dicing it up at Summit Point.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Frank and Peter, I appreciate your advice........

Constructive criticisms about my racecraft are always welcomed......
Old 10-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Paolo:
Do you have video for the earlier part of Sprint 2? I remember you, Scott Leder, and I were mixing it up pretty well earlier on.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Whenever you are behind someone who you are faster than, PASS THEM ASAP.

I always imagine when I'm behind someone that the track is going to go full yellow in three turns and stay that way until the checker. Do you want to be in 2nd place because you didn't have enough of a sense of urgency when passing?
Well said. This is especially important in high traffic situations like NASA races, but always good advice in any race. It was good seeing many of you over the weekend. Lots of fun and good racing weather.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paolo,

A couple of places your losing momentum; T9 turn in as soon as the car is neutral exiting T8 and T10 you are inconsistent. The painted apex in T10 is mostly flat and not curbing (not sure why they did this) if you pinch that more your exit onto the straight will be faster. Stick your nose inside in T1 more often. You missed 4 passing opportunities early on in T1. It will force the guy in front to defend more to the inside even if it does not stick the first time. Eg the green car over-cooked T1 several times leaving room. First time you should have said "ahh, that's an opportunity next time around". Same in heading to T10, if you moved over to the right more often to tempt a pass into T10 it is likely they would have pinched a little more allowing you a better run down the straight. When you draft on the straight stay close enough to reach out and steal the mirror off the car to the left of you.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Paolo:
Do you have video for the earlier part of Sprint 2? I remember you, Scott Leder, and I were mixing it up pretty well earlier on.
Loading up........
Originally Posted by bobt993
Paolo,

A couple of places your losing momentum; T9 turn in as soon as the car is neutral exiting T8 and T10 you are inconsistent. The painted apex in T10 is mostly flat and not curbing (not sure why they did this) if you pinch that more your exit onto the straight will be faster. Stick your nose inside in T1 more often. You missed 4 passing opportunities early on in T1. It will force the guy in front to defend more to the inside even if it does not stick the first time. Eg the green car over-cooked T1 several times leaving room. First time you should have said "ahh, that's an opportunity next time around". Same in heading to T10, if you moved over to the right more often to tempt a pass into T10 it is likely they would have pinched a little more allowing you a better run down the straight. When you draft on the straight stay close enough to reach out and steal the mirror off the car to the left of you.
Got it Bob.......
I could have easily podiumed (missed 3rd place by 4/10s) if I did any of the above......

Next Season......... I can't wait..........
Old 10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
mji911
Instructor

I think your problem was your coach!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Paolo, you did great. Just needed to assert your position a little more and own the corner. Ask Derek about aggression at our SP race with NASA a month ago. Derek was out on slicks in the rain when Curtis and I went by on wets. Curtis and I were passing back and forth everywhere we could including T1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,. At one point we were 3 wide from T7 to T9 with it still raining.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mji911
What took you so long? Your as slow posting as you are in that flowerpot car!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Bull993tt
Rennlist Member

You know what they say, opinions are like ????????, everyones got one. What's up Mike... always heckling the crowd!

Originally Posted by bobt993
Paolo, you did great. Just needed to assert your position a little more and own the corner. Ask Derek about aggression at our SP race with NASA a month ago. Derek was out on slicks in the rain when Curtis and I went by on wets. Curtis and I were passing back and forth everywhere we could including T1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,. At one point we were 3 wide from T7 to T9 with it still raining.
You got it Bob, the Sat. NASA sprint race at Summit in the rain was ballsey to say the least. You all were haulin in the rain. Wish I would have had rains to keep up with the pace. Looks like we will be driving in the rain again this Sat at VIR with NASA. You going? I've got brand new Hoosier rain stickers so at least I will be prepared this time.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:10 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull993tt
You know what they say, opinions are like ????????, everyones got one. What's up Mike... always heckling the crowd!

You got it Bob, the Sat. NASA sprint race at Summit in the rain was ballsey to say the least. You all were haulin in the rain. Wish I would have had rains to keep up with the pace. Looks like we will be driving in the rain again this Sat at VIR with NASA. You going? I've got brand new Hoosier rain stickers so at least I will be prepared this time.
Derek, I am bummed going to miss it. I told my wife if it rains, I would go but can't justify the $$ this time. I am going to catch up to Wong and do the NJMP event end of the month. My car is finally running okay after a year of gremlins. Still down 15hp,but it is not dropping anymore power when hot.

BTW, there was not one incident in that rain race if I am correct. Hoosier wets rock, you will be flying having already run in the rain on slicks.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:17 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
What took you so long? Your as slow posting as you are in that flowerpot car!
You guys kill me......
Old 10-06-2009, 07:35 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Paolo:
Here you go bud......

This is the first part of the Sprint 2......
it also includes several laps in double yellow for the incident at T9

http://www.vimeo.com/6933280
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

A real love story....
Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I know Frank......

My camera for some reason didn't like the rough turtles at T10 no matter how tight I set the screws......
You need to reverse your camera mounts. Mount the Chase bullet cam on that little mount and ust the big IO Port mount for your Aiptek. Did the chase cam work? I'd love to see the two in a split screen format to compare the quality as you had both pointing out front.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FredC
A real love story....
He's mad at me because I didn't go to TBolt with him......

Quick Reply: Dicing it up at Summit Point.......