Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I don't like Alonso

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 02:20 PM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, I disagree. For example, there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests that people with brains in which the basolateral nucleus of the amygdala is 'disconnected' from the cortex, actually have heightened attentional arousal and faster reflexes, but exhibit poor impulse control in a behavorial context.

Similarly, individuals with obsessive personalities, heightened perceptual responses (can be over-reactive and paranoid), and well developed cortical (not cerebellar) motor components are more likely to exhibit better task skills, but may display poor inter-personal behavior.

Although the brain is plastic, there is no such thing as a 'free lunch.' Super-performers tend to have personality traits several sigmas removed from normative behavior.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he is just a talented jerk.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by David 23
Fortunately, I believe their are multiple drivers in F1 that exceed his talent and don't share his jerk factor.....
Old 10-04-2009, 06:19 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Fortunately, I believe their are multiple drivers in F1 that exceed his talent and don't share his jerk factor.....
Ray,
Yes, I completely agree with your post above and earlier.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA333
Nope, I disagree. For example, there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests that people with brains in which the basolateral nucleus of the amygdala is 'disconnected' from the cortex, actually have heightened attentional arousal and faster reflexes, but exhibit poor impulse control in a behavorial context.

Similarly, individuals with obsessive personalities, heightened perceptual responses (can be over-reactive and paranoid), and well developed cortical (not cerebellar) motor components are more likely to exhibit better task skills, but may display poor inter-personal behavior.

Although the brain is plastic, there is no such thing as a 'free lunch.' Super-performers tend to have personality traits several sigmas removed from normative behavior.
So, in layman's terms....Alonso simply is the poster child for extreme PMS .
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

I'm no brain expert, but do NFL quarterbacks qualify in this study of people who must perform well, under pressure and make split second decisions with chaos happening around them? If so I don't know if Peyton Manning could fit into the square peg of this study.

Oh, by the way, ANOTHER reason to not like Alonso happened yesterday:

Complaining about competitors that did not adhere to the yellow flags in qualifying after an accident when you didn't either. Not on the level of Hamilton and McLaren throwing Trulli under the bus earlier in the year, but still a good one.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Alnoso's tampon strings were definitely showing for that one.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Post of the year!!!!
Why don't I like him?, cause he's a *****!
Nut up or shut up! No excuses.
Next year we'll see how "good" he truly is.
I suspect he won't win the WDC, and he'll blame the car or his team for it.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA333

This interests me greatly, got a link or source I could read more of?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
This interests me greatly, got a link or source I could read more of?
x2

In other news, Alonso wants to finish his career with Ferrari.
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152976/...h_ferrari.html
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
gricec
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alonso should do well at Ferrari, unless they employ too many italians and we get the 90s ferrari. I fail to understand why Montecelmo (spelling?) is so involved. Domincello is the F1 leader and should be left to it. They are also not favorites with the FIA any more. Todt especially if he wins the presidencey is not fond of Montywhatever his name is.

Alonso is a very good driver and is about as tainted as the rest of them. Senna/Prost/Schumacher all had there dodgy dealings. Senna thought that he was gods choice for the win every race and to hell with whoever crossed him.

I hope Ferrarri and Mclaren produce a winner, and Hamilton and Alonso both hit the ground running next year. I like Vettel but he doesnt seem to be able to overtake well anyone. Massa is a little bit behind and Kimi is too up and down. Button will be nowhere next year. If he loses the championship this year he needs to leave F1.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gricec

Alonso is a very good driver and is about as tainted as the rest of them. Senna/Prost/Schumacher all had there dodgy dealings. Senna thought that he was gods choice for the win every race and to hell with whoever crossed him.
i have no issues with that attitude on the track. it's the blackmail, espionage and race fixing that are problems in my book.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brendorenn
i have no issues with that attitude on the track. it's the blackmail, espionage and race fixing that are problems in my book.
Yeah, other than that, he's a swell guy.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, other than that, she's a swell gal.

Fixed it for you...
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Fixed it for you...
El oh el! You're right!

Quick Reply: Why I don't like Alonso