Sponsored by:

Why I don't like Alonso

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
I'm surprised by how well all of you know Alonso. I don't know him at all. This I do know. The new boss at McLaren was quoted as saying they never should have let him go. When Renault had a chance to get him back they jumped at it and when Ferrari had a chance to sign him they made him the highest paid athlete in the world.

So the people that work day to day with FA and actually know him as a driver and a person seem to think he's great. Maybe they're not as connected as the Rennlist Anti-Alonso team.
Signing an athlete for a large amount of money does not make them a decent person or good role model (e.g. Michael Vick).
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Signing an athlete for a large amount of money does not make them a decent person or good role model (e.g. Michael Vick).
I will give Vick credit, though: he did his time w/o complaint, and expressed remorse. Teflonso has done & will do neither.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post had nothing to do with MS. He is retired. You might also be shocked to learn that Fangio, Clark and Senna are no longer competing in F1.

If your point is (and you have repeatedly raised this) that FA is not a douche because MS did the same or worse, then all I can offer is some additional logic along the same lines. I would conclude that you think that Manson is not so bad because Hitler was worse. Great logic there A Whine.

BTW, you might not have noticed that Bush is no longer President either. I am pretty sure that you were on TV blaming Bush for Chicago losing the Olympic bid.

Alonso is toxic and I have no respect for him. It doesn't matter that there are others I do not respect, my opinion of FA remains the same. It does, however, make me wonder if he really won either of those 2 WDCs, or were enough of those races thrown too. Perhaps FA is really a 0 time WDC. Hmmm. Now why don't you try real hard to stay on the topic of my OP - that is Alonso, not any of the past drivers.
Until you denounce Shooomachers indiscretions in the same manner , then you lose all credibility to do so to Alonso ,, also , err ,your logic is also flawed erroneous and misguided on all accounts ...

* Firstly Alonso did not steal anything from Ferrari ....

* Secondly , while he did approach Dennis with an offer , you are not aware of what Dennis offered Alonso and did not deliver himself. Alonso comments and outburst was due to his frustration and such and did offer an apology to Dennis later , just wanting to be released from his contract , it was Dennis who went to the FIA thinking he would Destroy Alonso instead of just releasing him from his contract , same mindset as the sensitive and delicate PK ...

Hence :

'I have been here 20 years( Mclaren ) and you look back over the 20
years and you have some highs and lows and some regrets. A massive regret to me is losing a star like Fernando. He's one of the greatest racing drivers,
Martin Whitmarsh

* Thirdly .... Alonso did not arrange with PK to crash , his team manager did , in his attempt to keep the great one locked to his contract . You have noticed that he was not implicated by either parties ...

Here refresh yuh memory:

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news/...ainst-renault/

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...ed-in-scandal/

It seems that your hate for Alonso has over come all Logic ,,, that's OK , it's par for the course amongst the Shoomacherites .

Ferrari would never hire a driver that stole from them and I'm positive if anyone including PK had info implicating Alonso we would have heard about it already .

Alonso is such a douche it led Hamilton to sing songs of praises to the one he should be hating ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSk1ap_tFb0 go to 6:30

As a matter of fact , i have never heard any driver speak ill of Alonso , Fact is Alonso never had a problem with Lewis nor Lewis with Alonso , it was all Dennis , the same with Montoya , Kimi etc .

Another Fact ! Alonso never arranged with PK to crash it was Symonds and Briatore..

The striking DIfference Bewteen the 2 is that Shoomacher was involved with all of his indiscretion , had first hand knowledge on all levels and yet , i have never seen anyone here denounce his activities dangerous and deadly as they have been ... ....

Anyway carry on , the Spaniard is where he wants to be and I'm sure he will deliver to your disdain ...

Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised by how well all of you know Alonso. I don't know him at all. This I do know. The new boss at McLaren was quoted as saying they never should have let him go. When Renault had a chance to get him back they jumped at it and when Ferrari had a chance to sign him they made him the highest paid athlete in the world.

So the people that work day to day with FA and actually know him as a driver and a person seem to think he's great. Maybe they're not as connected as the Rennlist Anti-Alonso team.
Good point. This is how I see things as well. Too many "insiders" here.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

And, right on cue, another BUT BUT BUT SCHUMACHER rant.

Below is Wayne composing his next one.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

LOL............
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea but Mark you have to admit that you don't really know jack about what FA is really like as a person or a team mate. My point is that the people that do know him don't seem to have a problem with him.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yea but Mark you have to admit that you don't really know jack about what FA is really like as a person or a team mate. My point is that the people that do know him don't seem to have a problem with him.
And yet....

And yet he has been at the very center of the two most serious scandals in modern F1 history. IMO this is no mere coincidence. Hell, the guy even tried to blackmail his own team!

Integrity is doing the right thing even when you think no one is looking.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Agreed. I only know him from what he shows in public. He has been at the center of a lot of problems. He has been, at the very least, on the edge of some serious ethical shortcomings. And he follows that up with continued support of his banished manager. While it is a narrow view of him, it is not a positive view from where I sit. Right or wrong, that is the risk of being a public figure - besides, I am bored today and wanted to stir up A Wayne.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Agreed. I only know him from what he shows in public. He has been at the center of a lot of problems. He has been, at the very least, on the edge of some serious ethical shortcomings. And he follows that up with continued support of his banished manager. While it is a narrow view of him, it is not a positive view from where I sit. Right or wrong, that is the risk of being a public figure.
He showed support for a friend not the crime ,,,, you do have friends ?

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-02-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
He showed support of a friend not the crime ,,,, you do have friends ?
Nope - not a single one.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:47 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agreed. I only know him from what he shows in public. He has been at the center of a lot of problems. He has been, at the very least, on the edge of some serious ethical shortcomings. And he follows that up with continued support of his banished manager. While it is a narrow view of him, it is not a positive view from where I sit. Right or wrong, that is the risk of being a public figure - besides, I am bored today and wanted to stir up A Wayne.

I can't disagree and maybe I cut him too much slack because I loved the way be drove the Renault in 05/06 but I'm not willing to completely throw him under the bus just yet. I predict that next year will be a very good year for Ferrari and I hope FA proves you guys wrong.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
I like Alonso. I think he really puts his heart into his racing. I don't want to make too many assumptions about Singapore but I still don't see why it was worth cheating to get him a win. He was not competing for any honors, nor was the team. All risk, no reward. I wish him the best at Ferrari and I want him to do well, despite the storm of drama and constant deprecation that is sure to follow him. He can drive.

Also, take no offense to this please, but we need to quash the idea that professional racing is, or ever was, about being ethical. Cheating is Rule #1. Always has been and always will be.
I totally agree, and believe that Fernando Alonso is the best driver in Formula today This will be evident at the end of the 2010 series
Old 10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Nope - not a single one.
Shame , i have a lot , the MODS love me ..........
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think alonso was a logical pick for ferrari after all he learned about their program while driving for mclaren

no doubt he's a great talent but where there's smoke there's fire. i never heard FA condemn renault for cheapening his win in singpore - he should have been outraged and thrown them under the bus. why not? it was the right thing to do and he was leaving anyway.

i certainly wish him no ill will but those character issues are a big red flag. if the oakland raiders needed a driver, he'd be their first pick (pardon the metaphor).

Quick Reply: Why I don't like Alonso