Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used or New Kinesis wheel parts available?? anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Used or New Kinesis wheel parts available?? anyone?

I destroyed 3 of my 4 wheels when I got taken out by the honda at Sears. I have a line on getting parts to replace the outers and inners , but one of the Kinesis forged centers is bent slightly (a wobble) they say it cant be heated up and fixed, so its junk. Im wondering if it can be fixed and just used on the rear of the car as a communter rim. Anyway, does anyone have any Kinesis parts (K18 18" wheels)

Thanks

Mark
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Eric_k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you contacted Thatcher?
https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-and-tire-forum/520892-kinesis-motorsport-wheel-parts-inners-outers-hardware-center-caps.html
Old 09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

If you can't find anything Kodiak can make replacement parts for you, expect it to take a while though since it's custom work for them. If 3 of the 4 are hosed it will probably be cheaper for you to buy a used set of 4 than to fix yours. You could probably find buyers for your old parts (like Thatcher or racers with damaged wheels). What are the wheel sizes and offsets?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

HE IS THE MAN! Yes, Ive been talking to Thatcher! He has got all the stuff I need, just short of the centers.
The inners and outers are not that expensive and he has a few used pieces that are like new. so, after all that, Ill still be out one rim if I cant find the center or have it fixed.

Can a bent center be fixed? Ive heard the forged centers are incredibly strong,but when they are bent, they are gonners. All I really need it for is the drive to the track and they are not cracked or anything. Heating them up might compromise the heat-treating, and make them weak, but im sure a heated kinesis center is stronger than those forglines I was using 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by Eric_k
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Ill have to give them a call. I have nothing but time now. its going to be a busy winter.

actually, 3 of the centers are perfect, but the barrels and lips are toast.

The wheels are 10s and 11s , 18" K18s. Backspacing is 8.5 for the front and 8" for the rears.

I cant believe how expensive good racing wheels are now. Fixing them with some used parts will at least bring the fronts back to life, by swaping the rear center.

These things got pretty twisted.

Originally Posted by Cory M
If you can't find anything Kodiak can make replacement parts for you, expect it to take a while though since it's custom work for them. If 3 of the 4 are hosed it will probably be cheaper for you to buy a used set of 4 than to fix yours. You could probably find buyers for your old parts (like Thatcher or racers with damaged wheels). What are the wheel sizes and offsets?
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Used or New Kinesis wheel parts available?? anyone?