Sponsored by:

Hasta la vista, Renault F1 !

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
Nelson Piquet Jr. and Snr. should be called what they are: hypocrites. I think Nelson Jr. should have been grateful for the opportunity to race, and was only given so because of his last name. Now the Piquets look like spoiled children who cry and toss their toys from the pram when things are not going their way. He got a free ride and couldnt' make it, plain and simple. That is not reason enough to throw a fit and set the babysitter's house on fire.
Maybe so but lots of blame to go around on this one. I wouldn't single out Jr. and Sr.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:57 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I'm indignant that a flea can bite an elephant and cause it to die. F1 is so out of all balance when it comes to the way the FIA enforces it's own rules. It's as if they don't care what happens on track, and are not aware that we can see and hear their conversations amongst themselves.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Piquet is quick, just high maintenance which is nothing new F1. He showed his speed in F2 against Hamilton, not to mention he's got speed in his DNA. Nowadays its either you're brilliant from the get go or your're useless. Drivers need developing and this guy's not had the easiest of team mates and bosses. Other than Frank Williams I'm not sure I'd want to be driving for any of these guys. Piquet was doomed from the start with Briatore catering to Alonso. The minute he was asked to crash it really didn't matter what Jr. did it was game over. If he doesn't go along he's out. If he goest along he's out. I'm just surprised Briatore was stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid enough to test the Piquets knowing they had this level of **** on him. As young driver NP was the perfect boot-licker team mate to his #1 prima dona. There was no reason to give him the Barichello/Irvine/Herbert Ferrari treatment and dumping him mid season was his undoing. The gay rumors stuff showed he's gotta no a classa. They must be dancing in Maranello tonight.

Briatore out? Who cares. Losing Pat Symonds is like the Patriots losing Bill B. That's the real story.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
I guess I'm indignant that a flea can bite an elephant and cause it to die. F1 is so out of all balance when it comes to the way the FIA enforces it's own rules. It's as if they don't care what happens on track, and are not aware that we can see and hear their conversations amongst themselves.
The elephant DESERVED to die if it demanded one of its drivers purposely crash in order to benefit its other driver & his agent.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read a RaceFax that leaked all the details of how they set up the strategy, told Piquet exactly where to crash so cranes wouldn't be able to get to him, and showed the telemetry of how he planted his right foot even though the car was spinning. It's all very incriminating and I wasn't at all surprised at the firings once I saw that, there was just no way around it.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop it !.... Nelsonho was never dat good at following instructions.....
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

^ The Jordan pit babe is getting a little old man. By now she probably has five kids by Alex Yoong and Pedro Deniz or is swinging from a pole in a 2nd rate Ibiza town tity bar.

Quick Reply: Hasta la vista, Renault F1 !