Sponsored by:

BWAAHAAAHAAA

Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
He messed up on the out lap on cold dry track tires on a wet track. Got a tire onto some painted curb, looped it hard into a wall. I watched his interview and he took the full blame and apologized for messing up the car and race for his team. No flippant attitude at all.

I did not see any douche baggery at all. I saw a driver that messed up, knew why he messed up, and took 100% of the responsibility for it.

Sounds more like a stand up guy to me. **** happens, what you do when it does sets us apart.
I see a driver who was invited to drive someone else's car and destroyed it without turning on race lap. Kevin Doran's investment and the team's efforts just slammed into the armco.

How could he not take responsibility? He was all alone and on camera. There was no disputing it was his mistake.

Still a douchebag.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Absolute fail.
Professional race car driver wrecks on out lap ?
What a joke.

He may be a stand up guy but write me a check for the 500k or more you just cost me .
Old 09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, it was a fail. He admitted it.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Yeah, it was a fail. He admitted it.
Now that I've had my coffee.....bonehead move....But I do feel bad for the guy.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a "fail" for certain. There was nothing douchbaggy about it. After seeing the Nationwide race the next day between him and Abrose, it would have been super cool to see them racing together in that car.

Edwards got pretty banged up in that wreck. Then broke his foot playing frisbee during the week.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

This all reminds me of Kevin Kogan (sp?) who caused a front row crash at the start of the Indy 500. I remember Mario Andretti saying, "That's what happens when you get a child to do a man's work."
Old 09-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He messed up on the out lap on cold dry track tires on a wet track. Got a tire onto some painted curb, looped it hard into a wall. I watched his interview and he took the full blame and apologized for messing up the car and race for his team. No flippant attitude at all.

I did not see any douche baggery at all. I saw a driver that messed up, knew why he messed up, and took 100% of the responsibility for it.

Sounds more like a stand up guy to me. **** happens, what you do when it does sets us apart.
How can anyone not that anything but 100% responsibility of that? The curb moved slightly or?

He ain't douche because of what he said and I agree that he's a nice guy but what ****up that was...

**** happens but when/if you're a pro, this is something you will never do. This kind of **** doesn't happen to pros.
Total rookie movie and not matter how nice of a guy he is, that was a big mess up.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
I see a driver who was invited to drive someone else's car and destroyed it without turning on race lap. Kevin Doran's investment and the team's efforts just slammed into the armco.

How could he not take responsibility? He was all alone and on camera. There was no disputing it was his mistake.

Still a douche bag.
I submit that you don't understand the use of the word(s). Yes he was invited to drive and for a reason, he is a good driver. He is also not as experienced in the car, track and venue than some other drivers. Fail Yes. Douche bag? Not so much. Had he come in and then did the "sun was in my eyes, the glass was fogged, the car was not set up right" crap, sure total DB. I see more douche bag at a DE than he exhibited. The thread title is a Fail IMO. how about "Out lap fail" or the like? That would have invited comment on CE and not on the verbiage of the OP.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:27 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,698 Posts

"Don't accelerate on painted curbs in the wet" is racing 101 isn't it?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

I submit that you don't understand the use of the word(s). Yes he was invited to drive and for a reason, he is a good driver. He is also not as experienced in the car, track and venue than some other drivers. Fail Yes. Douche bag? Not so much. Had he come in and then did the "sun was in my eyes, the glass was fogged, the car was not set up right" crap, sure total DB. I see more douche bag at a DE than he exhibited. The thread title is a Fail IMO. how about "Out lap fail" or the like? That would have invited comment on CE and not on the verbiage of the OP.
Opinions are like a**holes

Again I'll point out that he had no choice but to admit it was all him. That doesn't make him less of a DB for wrecking the car. What else was he going to say?

From the urban dictionary under douche:

1. douche
a word to describe an individual who has shown themself to be very brainless in one way or another, thus comparing them to the cleansing product for vaginas.

3. douche
Literal - A liquid concoction used for sanitizing and cleaning the female nether regions.

Actual - (Adj) A person who is a waste of oxygen; an idiot. Also used to describe a male / female (N) that won't let you run your game. To act in a ridiculous manner; embarassing (V)

It would seem Mr. Edwards, nice as he may be, did something that showed him to be brainless, an idiot and embarrassing.

The classification of douche bag stands.

Super appreciate the advice though!

Last edited by Streak; 09-06-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BWAAHAAAHAAA