Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Ohio DE Sept 26-27 with Allegheny PCA

Spots still available!!!!

Now you can register on-line at Motorsportreg.com

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...C2C66563E11BB6

Lapping Day available for experienced driver's on Friday Sept 25 (requires registration for the two day DE also)

Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

That's odd. You have spots open and Delaware Region has spots open too. Both of you are using Motorsportsreg.com -- odd because, all PCA Racers are registered on www.clubregistration.net -- and most PCA regions are using that for their DEs. I'm just wondering if there is some correlation there...?

Maybe you can still post it on clubregistration - like an advertisement? It could help.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

We just started using on-line registration this year, this is our second event with it. Our first event did as expected and our registration rate for this one is running about the same as past years, so I would not use us as point of correlation, can't speak for other regions. We typically don't draw the club racer crowd, and allow all marquees.

Get back to me next year...and we will see what tune I am singing

thanks for the suggestion!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't make it this year but I love running with Allegheny Region at Mid Ohio.

However, they're a little stingy with that Friday lapping day... but a great group!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
strangeengine
Track Day

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Both of you are using Motorsportsreg.com -- odd because, all PCA Racers are registered on www.clubregistration.net -- and most PCA regions are using that for their DEs. I'm just wondering if there is some correlation there...?
Actually, MotorsportReg.com currently serves 22 PCA regions and 1 PCA Zone so "most" may be a bit of a stretch.

Anecdotally, I can tell you that based on informal surveys of our 170+ customer organizations across the US, registrations are down 10-15% on average this year.

Times are tough.

- Mark
motorsportreg.com
Old 08-27-2009, 03:23 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
However, they're a little stingy with that Friday lapping day...
Stingy how. This one's on my radar I'm just not certain I can make it work yet.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Stingy how?
Last year, my club racing license application had been approved by Susan but Allegheny said I didn't have enough experience for the Friday lapping day.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Astroman
Last year, my club racing license application had been approved by Susan but Allegheny said I didn't have enough experience for the Friday lapping day.
What is the experience requirement for a club racing license? I don't know so I can't comment relative to that, we tend to look at (a) overall experience and (b) experience at the particular track we are using for the event. Although we don't publish the requirements for obvious reasons, I would not characterize our requirements in those two areas as 'stingy'.

On the surface that would confuse me too if you are a white or black level DE'er...that generally is enough.

If you PM me your name I can go back and look at the records...you have peaked my curiousity ???
Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Mark, I'm really addressing this post reply to you.

The attendance records of DEs may be down for some - but not for all. Peachstate Region, PCA and Florida Crown Region, PCA are fine examples of this - right now - yes, in this economy. (PCA is known to give good DEs with hospitality, making the event feel like a large family reunion -- keeps them coming back time and time again.)

And though you have come here to boast about 22 PCA regions - and 1 of the zones using you -- I do not know if you realize that clubregistration.net has three times that in registered PCA regions using the site.

I know, club races is clubregistrations thing - and they work hand in hand with PCA placing all necessary racing info on their server. However, it appears to have more DEs listed than Club Racing and it is nice to see that it's become a viable means for PCA members to find out about PCA DEs.

By the way, there are 139 Regions and 13 Zones. With your handling the 22 + 1 - I don't think I am so far off by saying "most PCA" use clubregistration. After all, it handles more PCA regions than you. But I'm not here for a pissing match.

Probably there are even more regions that don't have events and don't need the service. (Some Zone 3 regions fall into that category or what we call the do-nothing regions.)

Just one more little thing. Chris does his site for our benefit and it is for free - no strings attached. And as a PCAer, I like supporting that effort -- and can't beat the price. Hope you understand.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm just wondering if there is some correlation there...?
Maybe there's a better correlation with sun spots. Who knows. What's your point???

I think the OP was attempting to promote Allegheny's DE at MO. Seems to me your hijack to inject some causal relationship to the registration process is ... well ... let's just say odd.

Last edited by dave morris; 08-27-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Originally Posted by dave morris
Maybe there's a better correlation with sun spots. Who knows. What's your point???

I think the OP was attempting to promote Allegheny's DE at MO. Seems to me your hijack to inject some causal relationship to the registration process is ... well ... let's just say odd.

Incidentally, what the hell is Dark Side??
No hijacking was intended. Just a strange thing. I'm watching other regions do very well right now - despite the economy. My suggestion is that they list their events on clubregistration - where many PCAers are -- and where they are trying to find out where the next event might be. It's called advertising.

As for what the Dark Side is - well, that would be hijacking this thread, and again that is not my attempt. But you are welcome to turn to the darksidede.com it should explain it...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
strangeengine
Track Day

Mark, I'm really addressing this post reply to you.
I didn't really show up here to advertise MotorsportReg.com - rather, to give some input into what I see across the country.

You'll notice that I said that ON AVERAGE registrations are down 10-15% across the board. See, the way averages work is that some data points can be higher and some can be lower, while the average is somewhere in the middle.

We have customers who are way up over last year. We have customers who are way down vs. last year. The large driving program that I run for another club here on the West Coast is about level vs. 2008 although it's taking longer and longer for each event to reach a break-even number of registrations. Tracks are expensive out here, though, so that's a factor as well.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

If anyone else is interested in what I see across the country with respect to participation rates among our 170+ customers, I am happy to share provided that I don't violate our privacy agreements with our customers. That is, I can provide aggregated data but not club-specific information.

Just one more little thing. Chris does his site for our benefit and it is for free - no strings attached. And as a PCAer, I like supporting that effort -- and can't beat the price. Hope you understand.
I've been a PCA member since 2001 and a Rennlist member since back when it was called Porschelist and it ran over something called email (both easily pre-dating my involvement with MotorsportReg.com).

I wasn't going to go there out of respect for Rennlist's rules but since you brought it up, MotorsportReg.com is completely free as well. The only thing we EVER charge a fee for is online payment processing. Any club is more than welcome to use all the other features for free for as long as desired.

We're club members ourselves (PCA, BMW CCA, ACNA, and SCCA, in my case) and supporting the community is one of our primary goals.

- Mark
motorsportreg.com
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Dark Side -

thanks for the bumps...i guess

FWIW...we evaluated both sites both for "exposure", demographics, geography, and the features that met our needs. We talked to both at length (interview if you will) and made the choice to go with motorsportreg.com!

Have been very satisified so far...but we are only one event in and one coming up where we are using it. I am glad there are two options to keep both in a "continuous improvement" mode.

BTW - it does not cost us anything unless folks want to run their credit card through it and then we are paying the credit card fee.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

You are most welcome for the bumps. I think when it comes to comparison we can just ask people to refer to the original "A" vs. "B" thread - it's here somewhere.

Again, my suggestion was your listing the event on both sites -- just like you came here to let folks know there are spots open, it all helps in having a successful event.

And that is just what every region wants - true?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

You are most welcome for the bumps. I think when it comes to comparison we can just ask people to refer to the original "A" vs. "B" thread - it's here somewhere.

Again, my suggestion was your listing the event on both sites -- just like you came here to let folks know there are spots open, it all helps in having a successful event.

And that is just what every region wants - true?

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio DE Sept 26-27 with Allegheny PCA