Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best and quickest way to learn car control?......

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No snow out here, and not enough wet track events to actually prepare for a non-rainout wet day. My first experience with competitive motorsports was Pro Rally in the late '70's. We'd go up and try to replicate the Mendocino Forest stages that Buffum, Millen, Blok, etc. ran earlier in the year. When I hit pavement circuit racing in the early '80's (with then new-to-the-scene R compound tires), it was like I never had to brake anywhere except the occasional hairpin!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
rad_951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get up in the middle of the night, sneak down to the local shopping center parking lot, throw down some VHT, throw down a ton of water, and practice doing power slides. Added bonus is you get the watch the shoppers the next time the parking lot is wet...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 292 Posts

Autocross test and tune with the Boston BMWCCA. Tons of seat time and some of the instructors (like me) actually know how to drive a car with the engine in the right place. You are also highly encouraged to let the instructors drive your car, and in the afternoon you can get a ride in some of the instructors cars. Too bad that the last one was a few weeks ago I think. Don't need to be a member of the club either.

Quick Reply: What is the best and quickest way to learn car control?......