Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new Fireproof Carbonx underware- Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buying new Fireproof Carbonx underware- Questions.

My mind is telling me to get the long sleeve shirt and long pants- but it is summer and I am looking at the short sleeve and boxster shorts carbonx- Anyone have experience with the CarbonX vs. Nomex? How comfortable is the Carbonx? (I know- more comfortable than a burn)
Any experience or advice?

*I have a SFI 3.2/5 suit*

Last edited by Plavan; 08-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I find it a bit more comfortable than Nomex. Although I never found Nomex that uncomfortable. Low standards I guess.

I run that same combo under my suit in the summer and didn't find it much different than nomex. The only time it was really hot was when I was in impound after a race and had the suit around my waist and the black of the carbonX got quite toasty.

Most people seem to like the CarbonX better as it feels less 'scratchy'. It's slightly thicker than the nomex stuff and has much better elasticity. It doesn't get all stretched out.

The only carbonx stuff that I give a lukewarm review to are the socks. While they fit MUCH better than the nomex. They only last aobut half as long.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set and being 6'4'' with the XL, which I think was the biggest I could find, I have a hard time keeping the top tucked in. The bottoms are not very tall and the top is not very long if that matters to you.

Otherwise, they are very comfortable.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

You can pick them up at fire safety distributors also aka the suppliers for firemen/fire departments. Usually cheaper than the race shops, FYI...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:52 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nomex Comfort is nice, very soft. Used to be called Delta C. OMP and TeamDI use it.

Quick Reply: Buying new Fireproof Carbonx underware- Questions.