Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new, "Lets make lemonade from lemons" Dave-VR vs Mark K, Racing for charity event

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009 | 05:39 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Default The new, "Lets make lemonade from lemons" Dave-VR vs Mark K, Racing for charity event

Last we left off, we were talking about having this event in Oct. 1st, 2nd or 3rd weekend.

I understand that we were trying to coordinate with Make a Wish Foundation and the local TV stations, possibly entertaining some kids from the local hospital as well. We can turn this grudge match into something good, if we try.

Are we still going to make this happen? Don was going to donate use of some spec 944s and we were going to run on the track on a private day or amoung a run group in a time trial event, as I remember the last ideas. Wheel to race, although it would be fun, might not be in the cards. However, if we race among a race class that alows this spec 944, that might kill two birds with one stone.

I'm open and willing to race V.R. Dave, in any way shape or form. (Within reason )

I have my tickets and am ready to go!

what are the next steps? Ideas welcome!

Mk
Old 08-06-2009 | 05:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dude, please tell me it's April 1st?
Old 08-06-2009 | 06:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Dude, please tell me it's April 1st?
It's April 1st.

Mark, as you know, the gating factor is $$$ for track rental. If you bought airline tickets already w/o a confirmed date...well, we know what Thomas Tusser said about certain types of people and their money....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 08-06-2009 | 06:58 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

We dont need track rental , if we run in a run group already on a rented track.

Im all ears on how we can organize a track day to pay for it. Lets talk about it now. If we are going to do this in Oct, we probably need to nail something down soon.

I didnt say I bought tickets, I said I had tickets. You really have to work on that reading comprehension dont you!

I thought this was a go, now it seems that you are just going to let it die.

predictable.

Mk

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
It's April 1st.

Mark, as you know, the gating factor is $$$ for track rental. If you bought airline tickets already w/o a confirmed date...well, we know what Thomas Tusser said about certain types of people and their money....

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:03 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I thought this was a go, now it seems that you are just going to let it die.

predictable.

Mk
Speaking of needing to work on reading comprehension....

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:06 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Action speaks louder than words.

Let's do this thing. Enough talk.

What is the next step. The track rental is not going to fall in our laps. do you prefer renting it, thus planning a track event and collecting entry fees, or do we run in an exisiting open lapping day, or a race weekend?

mk

Speaking of needing to work on reading comprehension....

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:11 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Mark, I strongly encourage you to buy a dog and name him Clue.

This has all been covered in depth in the other, now-closed thread.

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:26 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Again, your reading comprehension is being challenged. Just because it is closed, (for obvious reasons), doesnt mean the topic is dead. it was suggested to have a thread be re-opened to talk about the goals, planning, and implementation of such an event. Let's try and keep this one to the subject and just try for once to lose the arrogant, loser, put down, disposition you are so known for.

This would be a cool event for us, as nothing is as good as a put up or shut up challenge/face off, some kids in need, could really benefit at and by, such an event, as well as others being able to join in and have a track day.

Your jeti mind games will not work here.

Hey, if you dont want to do it, just say so and we can put a stake in it.

Mk

Mark, I strongly encourage you to buy a dog and name him Clue.

This has all been covered in depth in the other, now-closed thread.

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:40 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Oh look...It's Mark Kibort.

Old 08-06-2009 | 07:50 PM
4-large
Racer

This thing started out as a grudge match, pissing contest. You add some charity angel to it, as to make it something ells? It just is a pissing match, keep it that way. A lot less people (kids) will get hurt. This was suppose to be a thread with out insults... It seems you two go to the negative rather fast.

You two can keep bringing up (for the kids bs) but it is starting to look pretty weak.

Bottom line: Its about your pride, your words you have said to one another, who is the "best" out of you two, It is not about kids IMHO ( you can put cherries on a big turd all you want, but it is still just a turd)

Go get your 5 dollar trophy, bragging rights and have some fun.

IMHO i would leave the kids out of this equation Kill the talking and get the race done behind close doors. This type of thread leads to people adding more fuel to the fire than helping....

Maybe you should kill it, and just post up videos on a new day after thread... just a thought

Jerry
Old 08-06-2009 | 08:06 PM
early_grayce
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4-large
This thing started out as a grudge match, pissing contest. You add some charity angel to it, as to make it something ells? It just is a pissing match, keep it that way. A lot less people (kids) will get hurt. This was suppose to be a thread with out insults... It seems you two go to the negative rather fast.

You two can keep bringing up (for the kids bs) but it is starting to look pretty weak.

Bottom line: Its about your pride, your words you have said to one another, who is the "best" out of you two, It is not about kids IMHO ( you can put cherries on a big turd all you want, but it is still just a turd)

Go get your 5 dollar trophy, bragging rights and have some fun.

IMHO i would leave the kids out of this equation Kill the talking and get the race done behind close doors. This type of thread leads to people adding more fuel to the fire than helping....

Maybe you should kill it, and just post up videos on a new day after thread... just a thought

Jerry
I've been following this topic from the dreadful beginning, and Jerry couldn't have summed up my opinion any better.
Old 08-06-2009 | 08:18 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator

Attached Images    
Old 08-06-2009 | 08:21 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yes it is a grudge match. Jerry, VR-Dave started the charity angle. VR -Dave wanted to turn it to something good, but I'm sure he wants to race as well. I wanted to just have him fly out as I would buy his flight if he beat me in anything spec or equal. It took off from there.

It was suggested to start another thread on how we could plan this. Bottomline,its just a grudge match. Heck, thats good fun in my book. a heck of a lot better than watching or hearing about some overpriced , 2 car fields racing in ALMS with nothing to prove or gain. You tell me. Results just in for ALMS GT1 race results at laguan '08 Or, VR vs MK in racer/instructor porsche/BMW grudge match. which would you read first?

Anyway, I'm going to keep it clean, you can count on that.. NO insults or negativity. If you are not interested in the helping us make this event happen, dont post or click on the topic, its that simple. If you are, let's get some ideas. We might be surprised that this could be a good time at the track at a minimum, and probably more.

As i recall, VR-Dave already comitted to a grudge match race off based on his availability. We have the cars, now we just need the venue.

mk
Old 08-06-2009 | 09:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4-large
Kill the talking and get the race done behind close [sic] doors.
And you'll note that this was what I was attempting to do, along with Viking, who was helping the charity angle.

But Mark HAD to start yet another thread. Chad summed it up perfectly.

Old 08-06-2009 | 10:33 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

oh no.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The new, "Lets make lemonade from lemons" Dave-VR vs Mark K, Racing for charity event