Sponsored by:

Mosport Race.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Paolo, today there are fun races and practice according to the web page... I'll be interested to see who wins GTC4, there's a case of vintage Bordeaux on the line
Pat Kelly won it! He was scorching fast and that 1.224 in qualifying is a new track record, smashing Timo Bernard's 1.228 record in last year's IMSA Cup race. Kelly put on a clinic. Good racing for both race sprints in GTC4.

Enduro today was a little different though...10 or so laps at the beginning on slicks in the rain...NOT FUN!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

We had a blast; I can confirm that the NER drivers won their share of races, and that I won my DE (actually, I won a free registration to a future UCR event, which I expect will be next year's race).
I met several Rennlisters ('oh, you're RickBetterley; I'm so-an-so;' it was fun to put avatars with faces for a change).
I had not driven Mosport before, except 1 very cold weekend in my 1984 911; summer in the 993 was way better. Thanks to Martin and Bill, I was able to get up to a decent speed; I left a lot on the track, and am looking forward to working on it some more.
That is 1 fast track, as noted.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Rick, I am glad you had fun......

Congrats on winning your DE..........
Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fryd
Pat Kelly won it! He was scorching fast and that 1.224 in qualifying is a new track record, smashing Timo Bernard's 1.228 record in last year's IMSA Cup race. Kelly put on a clinic. Good racing for both race sprints in GTC4.

Enduro today was a little different though...10 or so laps at the beginning on slicks in the rain...NOT FUN!!
He beat THAT Timo Bernard? I said he should be paid to race and that proves it, IMSA ride height or not.
Hey Pat, send me an email re VIR please (not a PM, don't check them).

Hope everyone survived the rain on slicks. I bought my daughter a used A4 1.8T last week instead of racing, my family likes me again

See you in NJ!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Had a blast in my Sprint Races and good knife fight with Scott Gerard to the checker flag in the 2nd Sprint.
Unfortunately my transmission was toast by the end of the day it so wasn't able to run the Enduro.

What a TRACK!! Challenging, technical and really old school hairy.. Love it. I'm glad I showed up one day early to learn my way around it.

Nice competitive clean racing with my fellow H class racers. Thanks!! Best race weekend of the year so far...

Videos to come shortly...
Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Had a blast in my Sprint Races and good knife fight with Scott Gerard to the checker flag in the 2nd Sprint.
Unfortunately my transmission was toast by the end of the day it so wasn't able to run the Enduro.

What a TRACK!! Challenging, technical and really old school hairy.. Love it. I'm glad I showed up one day early to learn my way around it.

Nice competitive clean racing with my fellow H class racers. Thanks!! Best race weekend of the year so far...

Videos to come shortly...
Was it you that won the first sprint race?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

It is great to hear such positive feedback on our race....... now if we could get a bigger entry next year just think of what our club race chair would be able to do. It's all good but it can be even better next year so tell all your fellow racer's to make Mosport a do not miss event next year.

Bill
Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
Was it you that won the first sprint race?
Yes, both Sprint races in the Martini striped Cayman S.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by comatb
It is great to hear such positive feedback on our race....... now if we could get a bigger entry next year just think of what our club race chair would be able to do.
Would he be able to get the track repaved?

In all seriousness - it was a really well run event. The only thing I would have preferred was that the race winners could have received a photo op
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by comatb
It is great to hear such positive feedback on our race....... now if we could get a bigger entry next year
I'm currently planning on attending next year...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Yes, both Sprint races in the Martini striped Cayman S.
I watched the first race from corner 2# You did an excellent job driving...well done!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

How was Turn 5B? Did it have the river running across the track there?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a great time at Mosport despite the issues with my car.... Fuel starvation issue all weekend until the 2nd sprint race (right side coils). Fixed for the second sprint race and then turned the fastest GTC3 time of the sprint races (1:27:9). Then, 2 laps later and in first place, I broke the left rear stub axle in turn 3. DNF and missed the enduro. I seem to keep driving the wheels (at least the left rear) off the car

AWESOME track. My new favorite scary place. Pat Kelly was rippin' fast and, along with JimB, really helped me a lot with the track. Got to meet JimB, Rick Betterley, CGomez and others. Weather was really nice for us South Florida people.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 PM
DanR
Drifting

at least the car came back in better shape this time!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
at least the car came back in better shape this time!
True. It couldn't have happened at a better place which is the opposite of where my incident at the Glen happened...

Quick Reply: Mosport Race.......