Sponsored by:

Prayers for Felipe Massa

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
That sounds like great news but they might have told us how many languages he spoke before the accident.
Nice! I'm thinking Portugese, English, and....Spanish?? Or Italian given who he drives for??
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His grandfather was Italian, could be.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
gaffaw.....
I second that. HILARIOUS!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Great news....way to go Massa! I know I can speak for everyone hear...we are happy for you!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
I second that. HILARIOUS!!!
+laff

Hopefully he only spoke 2.

Get well, FM !!!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Massa able to use left eye
29 July 2009

Felipe Massa's condition continues to improve following his qualifying accident in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying on Saturday. With his recovery progressing at a constant rate since being knocked unconscious in a freak accident at the Hungaroring, the Brazilian is thankfully able to use his left eye, which had been feared to be damaged for life.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/...-use-left-eye/
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
29 July 2009

Felipe Massa's condition continues to improve following his qualifying accident in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying on Saturday. With his recovery progressing at a constant rate since being knocked unconscious in a freak accident at the Hungaroring, the Brazilian is thankfully able to use his left eye, which had been feared to be damaged for life.

Wow, GREAT news.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yesterday:
Very true and since Massa's personal doc gave good news, he might be back sooner than many think.

Those good news are: his vision is fine, he has NO problems with his left eye and he's been talking (with 3 languages) and is aware of exactly what's going around him.
Originally Posted by dpressley
Today:
From the Radio New Zeland site (LINK)

Updated at 6:41am on 29 July 2009

Felipe Massa's doctors are dramatically more upbeat about the Brazilian grand prix driver's recovery from life-threatening injuries, predicting that he could be out of hospital next week.

After fracturing his skull during a freak accident in qualifyikng for last weekend's Hungarian grand prix, Massa's personal doctor Dino Altman says in the last 24 hours they've determined that he suffered no eye injuries in the crash, he has been able to speak in three languages, and if his current rate of recovery continues he could leave hospital on his own in 7-10 days.
Today:
29 July 2009

I know it was good news that Massa has no eye injuries but how many times do we need to repeat it...

More good news: Massa has been able to sit up, already took few steps and will be out of intensive care today.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

29 July 2009

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I know it was good news that Massa has no eye injuries but how many times do we need to repeat it...

More good news: Massa has been able to sit up, already took few steps and will be out of intensive care today.
I know it's good news that Massa is recovering but how many times do we need to repeat it...........
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Repeat till he's recuperating at home and probably till his 1st F1 test.
It's too bad that testing is banned so team can't evaluate Massa's future clearly.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

This incident illustrates the need for, at the very least, "some" in season testing. You just can't put anyone into an F1 car although that new kid from Spain did a good job this past weekend.

One injury to a driver puts each team in a difficult position when the driver needs to be replaced. Even long time test driver Luca Badoer hasn't been testing this year. Last year, he would have been an automatic entry based on the 3rd driver concept. This year, he's a maybe.

I think the FIA will need to look into this rule a little more given what's transpired.

Quick Reply: Prayers for Felipe Massa