Sponsored by:

Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro vs. Hans

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
And you need less H&N if you are not wearing a helmet too. I think helmets and belts are here to stay and I want mine to work well together. What happens if the mid torso moves out of the seat but the upper portion does not? That is the belts stay put but the ribcage is unrestrained as it is with many seats in even a slight offset? Does the body deform in unwanted ways or does it just form the "C" shape?
I'm not certain, but I suspect you would get the "C" shape if the shoulders were restrained. Problems happen at that location when the shoulders are not restrained but the ribs are.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:36 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Frank,

I like the HANS.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

If I were not racing, I would get an Isaac. Quite honestly, knowing what I know now, and knowing about the Isaac now (I did not when I bought my HANS), I would opt for it over the HANS. When you have a good idea of how the HANS came about, you will see the effectiveness of the Isaac magnified many times more than before, ESPECIALLY for we tin-toppers. Beyond that I think I would give the DefnDer or the Hybrid a very close look.

Quick Reply: Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro vs. Hans