Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Gingerman Race Updates - Any word from the "Roar on the Shore"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 173 Posts
Default PCA Gingerman Race Updates - Any word from the "Roar on the Shore"?

Bumming... haven't missed this one for a while. How goes it in lovely South Haven?

Best of luck to all my buds racing today too!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:37 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Dave. Missed you.

I believe there were some 51 entrants. We had the typical format on Sat (combined group enduro) and then did two sprints on Sunday, 35 minutes each. And those were combined, as well! The faster group was down to about a dozen cars due to typical Sunday attrition, mechanicals, etc. so there were about 30 cars racing, today.

Saturday was marred by an early incident which saw Inglot and Turek get collected by an overtaking car in T11 of the first enduro lap. No one was injured but cars were definitely bent. It was a real a shame, too, because Chris really had his car moving (even more so than usual) and notched some laps in the 1:34's! In E, Ackerman, Dave Parker and, newcomer, Disasterman took home the hardware.

We had a good-sized G group (8 cars) and enjoyed some very tight, clean and FUN racing all weekend. Konrath took the gold in all three and Ben Gabis (Chulo), Dann Nelson and Bill Frame shared the podium over the weekend. Congrats, fella's!

David Rabjohns took the rookie award ... there were actually six candidates in the field, so no mean feat. Disasterman also nabbed the Best Prepared award (I think having his car on jackstands most of the weekend didn't hurt ). Workers Choice went to Tim Green (Polizei 914) and John Ruther. Kudos, gents!

Weather was glorious (for a change) and the SEMPCA folks did a wonderful job, as always, putting on this event. See you there next year, Dave.

Last edited by joey bagadonuts; 07-06-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 173 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about Greg and Chris. That's a shame, especially at a nice open track like Gingerman.

Sounds like it was a great weekend otherwise. I'm sure I'll see most of this crew up at Road America.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was pretty close to the crash on lap two, they reviewed my video. The faster yellow 914 made cut the corner through the grass for about 80 feet and collected the unsuspecting Chris at the turn exit, leaving #12 with no place to go. Total carnage. Lucky for me the inpact pushed everybody of the track and I did not have to play dodge em' cars in my first race.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

How did wayn-o do?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great weekend of racing (with the exception of the incidents). Great weather, and all of the G cars were REALLY close. It was a lot of fun running with the GT cars for all 3 events. I also completed my second race weekend, so my X is off. Good times...

Fred - no Wayne O. We missed him this year.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
gla924sem
Advanced

Default GingerMan

Disaterman;

You did a great job out there!!!!!

Keep it up but you'd better keep those splitters in stock
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Funny, one came in today. Partial splitters now on sale, check turn 11 for missing front section.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 PM
gla924sem
Advanced

Default Splitter

Don't have to.

Got my first one at a fire sale from you at WHRRI several weeks ago!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Team944S2
Instructor

Disasterman, Nice job running at your first PCA Club Race. You were pretty quick out there! It looked like you were up on jack stands for part of the weekend. Didn't you win best prepared for the weekend? I am still unsure why Yellow #443 decided he could pass 3 cars while having 4 wheels in the grass on the first lap of the enduro. Pretty dumb if you asked me. I hope we can get the car fixed for Labor Day club race at Road America. Any thoughts about doing the Chicago Region event?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Team944S2
Disasterman, Nice job running at your first PCA Club Race. You were pretty quick out there! It looked like you were up on jack stands for part of the weekend. Didn't you win best prepared for the weekend? I am still unsure why Yellow #443 decided he could pass 3 cars while having 4 wheels in the grass on the first lap of the enduro. Pretty dumb if you asked me. I hope we can get the car fixed for Labor Day club race at Road America. Any thoughts about doing the Chicago Region event?
Chris - I was right behind your incident, and have video. Just plain dumb, imho. So sorry to see your car banged up. Especially with a .34 on the sheet! Good times hanging out with all of the Chicago guys.. Hope to see you at Road America.

Disasterman - we had fun, too... I have lots of video of you and I dicing it up. Good times... Come to Road America. You'll love it!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all the "G" guys for helping me through my first racing event and special thanks for Chris Inglot for being me mentor (He even taught me how to crash with grace). Good times.

Anybody need a $1,000 Forgeline discount? I don't need it.

David
Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

I had a great time. I certainly felt the most comfortable during the final race of the weekend. I left a lot of gaps open, trying to get through the weekend without hitting anyone. I was very surprised at the lap times, thanks to the front runners for dragging me along in practice and qualifying.

The stewards looked at my video for the crash, the 914 was going backwards from the start and then braked too late at his first straight. It wasn't even close, sorry to see that happen on lap 1.

Chulo, I would love to see the video of the second sprint! That was a blast.

Funniest moment - Nobody showing up in front of me for fun races and starting from pole. I didn't have a clue about starts. The Stewards did not explain how to control the field, only that it would be controlled by the pole sitter. Neither of my mentors thought I needed to know. The starter, the stewards and everyone else was pissed off and waving at me until they realized that I was a clueless rookie.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the mylaps data up yet? My times don't appear and I am not sure if it becasue it isn't there or that they have the wrong transponder number.

Cheers

David
Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by rabjohns
Is the mylaps data up yet? My times don't appear and I am not sure if it becasue it isn't there or that they have the wrong transponder number.

Cheers

David
So maybe that .35 was really me?

Quick Reply: PCA Gingerman Race Updates - Any word from the "Roar on the Shore"?