Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Gingerman Race Updates - Any word from the "Roar on the Shore"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Was probably Tristan from last year !!!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
230ERACER
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 13-13

Originally Posted by FredC
How did wayn-o do?
Fred. long story but finished 2nd to Doug Roach in the first sprint at VIR and missed the scale sign so they wanted to give me a 13 but said we would talk about it..... then in the second sprint I was running second again and had just passed an H and G car and got black flagged and they said your done.

All because I missed the "go to scale" sign....long story but right now I'm out for 13 months but I'm appealling.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 230ERACER
Fred. long story but finished 2nd to Doug Roach in the first sprint at VIR and missed the scale sign so they wanted to give me a 13 but said we would talk about it..... then in the second sprint I was running second again and had just passed an H and G car and got black flagged and they said your done.

All because I missed the "go to scale" sign....long story but right now I'm out for 13 months but I'm appealling.
This sounds like a ****ty situation. Good luck with the appeal. Out for 13 months would suck given how well you are doing!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
slawek
Advanced

The race results are posted on mylaps. Chris this could of have been good battle between us if that bonehead didn't take you and Greg out. Fresh rubber for Sun race pushed my times into 1.33.3.
That was good weekend everyone except unnecessary crash!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by 230ERACER

Sorry to hear Wayne. We missed you this year. Keep us posted offline as to how the appeal goes. Hope to see you at Road America.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

How many digits does your transponder number have?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris,

Very sorry to hear about your shunt. I hope is wasn't too bad....
Old 07-09-2009, 02:26 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

Real sorry to hear about the incident this weekend. Chris, hope you get your car ready to RA.

Congrats to the rest of you for what seems to be an awesome weekend.

Wish I could have been out there in the old 501, but this season looks like a wash for me, but I am searching for a new car.....I am all over the place with ideas, but there have been a few interesting cars pop up.

-Mo
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Team944S2
Instructor

Slawek, Before I departed, I saw the sheet with your 1.33.3. Mighty quick for an S2. Nicely done. If I were near you, I am sure that I would have been peddling as fast as I could to stay close. If we can get the car back together for Road America, then perhaps we can have some fun there! Did I hear that your header broke? That happened to me twice. Factory header or Stahl?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Team944S2
Slawek, Before I departed, I saw the sheet with your 1.33.3. Mighty quick for an S2. Nicely done. If I were near you, I am sure that I would have been peddling as fast as I could to stay close. If we can get the car back together for Road America, then perhaps we can have some fun there! Did I hear that your header broke? That happened to me twice. Factory header or Stahl?
Chris - as always, you handled the incident with dignity and grace. As a veteran of racing you give us rookies something to strive for. Again, sorry for the mess with your car.... hope to see you back for RA. I'll try not to get in your way with my slow G car.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Team944S2
Instructor

Ben, I would be interested in seeing you video sometime. I looked in the side view at the first brake markers and saw Greg (red) and Correo (yellow) outside of Greg. I figured we were going to co-exist three wide through turn 10. I followed the outside perimeter of the track in the hope that we would all make it. I never thought I was going to get hit. Greg saw the disaster brewing and couldn't get out of the way fast enough. I appreciate the kind words. Your "X" is now gone and you are quickly gaining "racecraft". I enjoyed mentoring David trying to keep him safe in his first weekend. Having so many G & E cars running together was fun.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Team944S2
Ben, I would be interested in seeing you video sometime. I looked in the side view at the first brake markers and saw Greg (red) and Correo (yellow) outside of Greg. I figured we were going to co-exist three wide through turn 10. I followed the outside perimeter of the track in the hope that we would all make it. I never thought I was going to get hit. Greg saw the disaster brewing and couldn't get out of the way fast enough. I appreciate the kind words. Your "X" is now gone and you are quickly gaining "racecraft". I enjoyed mentoring David trying to keep him safe in his first weekend. Having so many G & E cars running together was fun.
I'll get it on vimeo soon. I will email you the link. Please PM me your email. I look forward to E F and G being a huge group at RA.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
slawek
Advanced

Chris, that was stahl header, and it's my second time as well. I had to retire in 4th lap leading in our class.
New hopefully better header is coming up soon in preparation for RA-- see you out there!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
angelo1404
Shamwow!
Rennlist Member

Any videos of the races anyone would like to share?

Originally Posted by rabjohns
Anybody need a $1,000 Forgeline discount? I don't need it.
Discount?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

For winningt the Rookie award I got a certificate for $1,000 towards a set of Forgelines. I don't need them so the first $100 can have the certificate.

Quick Reply: PCA Gingerman Race Updates - Any word from the "Roar on the Shore"?