Sponsored by:

Roll Call - Road Atlanta BMW CCA DE July 4-5

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Chad sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you.

No worries. Plenty o' chances to meet up. Besides, I am thinkin about having a Racing & DE'rs Rennlist party. Maybe one on a F1 weekend. I can Tivo the race and run it during the party. I just need to convince the wifey.

C.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Tucker, Ritter, Chris C: thanks, my bitchez! Likewise!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Finally some pics of my friends and me.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 08-20-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cute, now when are you caging that hooptie?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Cute, now when are you caging that hooptie?

Not sure. I may go in a different direction (SRF) and keep the M3 as is. Still undecided.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Looks like you didn't show them my way through the esses. Good because last time I did that I didn't make some of the Rennlisters happy. ;-)

Great shots from T3 though. Looks like you are about to lose a tire
Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Looks like you didn't show them my way through the esses. Good because last time I did that I didn't make some of the Rennlisters happy. ;-)

Great shots from T3 though. Looks like you are about to lose a tire

Actually, I did show them. The BMW tried it...and liked it (just not in that photo). The 911 was adamantly urged by others not to use any curbs at RA for fear of damaging suspension elements. So he took a pass...

Yeah, the LF tire was getting some serious roll. Interestingly, however, all 4 tires wore extremely evenly, even the LF and LR. I kept the same tires on all 4 corners all 3 days. They had ~10 heat cycles on them when I got there, and they just started to cord in my last session on Sunday. I love that RA pavement!!!!

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 08-20-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The 911 was adamantly urged by others not to use any curbs at RA for fear of damaging suspension elements. So he took a pass...

I started taking that route in the 993. But I was scared out of that route with the 996 by J3. They told me that the GT3 control arms on my car do not like gator action like that. I just picked it up from getting a race set-up, corner balance, align, etc. So I figured I'd take it easy on the gators.... Until I was in a chase, then I was all over them. Old Habits Die Hard

Any pics of my car? I still have yet to get any in motion? I should've bought the picture package that weekend, but forgot.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

I started taking that route in the 993. But I was scared out of that route with the 996 by J3. They told me that the GT3 control arms on my car do not like gator action like that. I just picked it up from getting a race set-up, corner balance, align, etc. So I figured I'd take it easy on the gators.... Until I was in a chase, then I was all over them. Old Habits Die Hard

Any pics of my car? I still have yet to get any in motion? I should've bought the picture package that weekend, but forgot.

Tucker may have some. My package had only two pictures with your car, unfortunately, and the other one is me entering T10 with you all the way at the top of the hill, so it's nearly a speck.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DT, pretty sure if you send Henry an email he will send you a sampling so you can decided if you still want to buy a package.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave T 007 and I did somewhere around 170 laps in 5 days and were never on track together, so unfortunately, I don't have any pictures or video of that bitchin' 996. Henry does an awesome job!

Seth, he did show us and I actually my car likey. I did try to watch the Seth/Dave S line in the side view mirror once, resulting in an awful ugly T5 exit. I just decided to talk about it in the pits instead. Sweet setup though. Hey maybe that's why Dave wasn't hanging around back there
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DogInBlack

Seth, he did show us and I actually my car likey. I did try to watch the Seth/Dave S line in the side view mirror once, resulting in an awful ugly T5 exit. I just decided to talk about it in the pits instead. Sweet setup though. Hey maybe that's why Dave wasn't hanging around back there
Wow, missed this before. Yes, you were eyeballin' me behind you doing the Super Secret Squirrel Line, and poof! T5 was toast!

Fun times with you guys.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Little bit of a code brownie on that one. I had to straddle the dirt pot hole thanks to a crappy track out.

Quick Reply: Roll Call - Road Atlanta BMW CCA DE July 4-5