Sponsored by:

VIR - Rumble At The Oak Tree ROLL CALL

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009 | 10:30 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
I wish one of you had taken a pic of me climbing the fence!
First, I was too lazy to go downstairs and get the camera. Second, I would have never mentioned this if you hadn't brought it up. It could have taken you to a whole new level with your internet fan club.

Spidey BKS

How long will the 997 spoiler lip be up there???
Old 06-29-2009 | 10:41 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'll bet the grounds crew will take it down this week...
Why not mention it - it was cool - me doing my best Tony Stewart/Helio Castroneves impersonation....
Old 06-29-2009 | 10:44 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

I had a great time meeting some of the Rennlisters and running with those in the DE. For those who have not figured it out by now I was the DE Chair and my wife was the volunteer coordinator for the event. We have had tons of positive feedback from Racers, DE Drivers and volunteers about what a fantastic event it was. Now we need your help to get the event on the calendar for next year. Write the Zone 2 Rep, Tom Zaffarano and tell him what a great event it was.
Old 06-29-2009 | 11:14 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian_77_3.6
I had a great time meeting some of the Rennlisters and running with those in the DE. For those who have not figured it out by now I was the DE Chair and my wife was the volunteer coordinator for the event. We have had tons of positive feedback from Racers, DE Drivers and volunteers about what a fantastic event it was. Now we need your help to get the event on the calendar for next year. Write the Zone 2 Rep, Tom Zaffarano and tell him what a great event it was.
Brian..well run event, few problems, great people. Extreme mix of cars. Opening up the passing zones made it flow well. From my slow seat it looked like everybody worked and played well together.

Thanks for your efforts.
Old 06-29-2009 | 11:25 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Will do, it was indeed fun, my only complaint was the lack of track time.. I mean 20 minute sessions? We got like 5-6 laps the first 2 sessions on day one, and part of Day 2 as well :/ Otherwise it was awesome!

Originally Posted by TedA
Brian..well run event, few problems, great people. Extreme mix of cars. Opening up the passing zones made it flow well. From my slow seat it looked like everybody worked and played well together.

Thanks for your efforts.
Ted you ran in the DE right? I believe you were lined up next to me the 2nd session on Sunday, too bad I didn't get to say hi
Old 06-29-2009 | 11:32 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iLLM3

Ted you ran in the DE right? I believe you were lined up next to me the 2nd session on Sunday, too bad I didn't get to say hi
Yes...then you left me in the dust. I need horsepower
Old 06-29-2009 | 11:44 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Not having the false grid gate open on friday morning certainly did not help the short sessions, but it seemed to get better as they worked out the kinks. Perhaps 3 longer sessions for the DE group instead of 4 shorter can be worked into next years schedule. The expanded passing zones started to work as drivers got comfortable with them. I know I gave the cups and GT2's some passes in those zones and they worked well. I achieved my personal best of 2:16:8 so I certainly got some open track.
Old 06-30-2009 | 12:27 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Yes...then you left me in the dust. I need horsepower
LOL Ted, sometime I wish I had much less power, as it makes it 10x harder to get around the track fast :/ Definitely a different style of driving, and well learning curve
Not having the false grid gate open on friday morning certainly did not help the short sessions, but it seemed to get better as they worked out the kinks. Perhaps 3 longer sessions for the DE group instead of 4 shorter can be worked into next years schedule. The expanded passing zones started to work as drivers got comfortable with them. I know I gave the cups and GT2's some passes in those zones and they worked well. I achieved my personal best of 2:16:8 so I certainly got some open track.
That would definitely be good.. I had an amazing session the first one on Sunday.. It was me, the 2 other GT2's, Craig's gt3 cup , my buddy stu in his white GT3 and the orange GT3 RS all went out in a row... Suffice to say, we all moved fast and had a ton of fun, that session I got my best time ever of a 2:05!

Can't wait to get back there already
Old 06-30-2009 | 02:26 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Roger..did get to meet you briefly before the second sprint on Saturday in the trailer with Don B. Watched the first sprint from T9... you guys were flyin'. Looked like you picked up a lot from Thursday night to Saturday.

Congrats..
Crap!...I didn't know you were THAT Ted! Ha! I looked for you Thursday as well but didn't see your car. The weekend really flew by. Well, darn good to meet you! For some reason it just didn't "click" when you told me your name. It was hot and I'm getting old.

Quick Reply: VIR - Rumble At The Oak Tree ROLL CALL