Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR - Rumble At The Oak Tree ROLL CALL

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009 | 10:50 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
That will be the small push you need to jump off the cliff.

You'll have a spec boxster next year!
We'll sell you one this weekend, we have Brad Roberts from BoxsterSpec.com flying in to help push the class and answer questions. Look us up in garage #2, we will have two cars there and they are both for sale.
Old 06-25-2009 | 12:04 AM
s997gt3
Racer

i to have a garage booked i don't know what # until i get their.

I'll def pop in to see you guys.

I'm shareing a garage with a gray ruf gt2
Old 06-25-2009 | 01:02 AM
Tom N
Instructor

Originally Posted by dbryant61
ZBB, Its a long track with lots of nuances. I think you will learn it quickest if you first ride with Ted to see the line with full focus, then go out lead-follow.

Cant remember your name, but we met at a Darkside event in Nov a couple years ago.
Roger,

Don and Ted will take good care of you. VIR is a great track. You should pick it up quickly. I will miss this event. See you at RRR or CMP.

Tom
Old 06-25-2009 | 09:48 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looking forward to meeting Brad. In the middle of a build myself. See you there!
Old 06-26-2009 | 06:52 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom N
Roger,

Don and Ted will take good care of you. VIR is a great track. You should pick it up quickly. I will miss this event. See you at RRR or CMP.

Tom
Have not been able to catch up with Roger in the paddock, but have seen him on track. Looks like hes picking it up quickly.
Old 06-26-2009 | 11:22 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

man it's hot, and so is the competition! I tried 305 hoosiers for the fun race but they would not fit so I missed it, back to the 280s. Hope tomorrow goes well for everyone.
Old 06-27-2009 | 06:29 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TedA
Have not been able to catch up with Roger in the paddock, but have seen him on track. Looks like hes picking it up quickly.
Picking it up quickly..pfft. He took overall win in the first sprint race today. Don B and me caught up with him before the second sprint race. Great to meet him.
Old 06-27-2009 | 06:48 PM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Must be extremely hot there today. I'm sure the Cool Shirts are out!
Old 06-27-2009 | 09:06 PM
FredC
Drifting

Who is at the top of the sheets in D and E?
Old 06-29-2009 | 02:04 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Had so much fun guy's, too bad I didn't get to meet more of you :/

First 2 day's were a nightmare on my Toyo R888's... Few weeks ago at Monticello I didn't realize how badly I wasted my rears.. So I had another set of rears used but a few heat cycles not much, but not matching to the front's.. That along with the heat, and high pressures made it for one SCARY ride, back end wouldn't stay put and I was correcting and dancing around with the car in every turn.. Yes it's fun, but in a GT2 when sometimes you are going a little too quick, and with that torque it get's scary LOL..

So today I finally slapped on some hoosier R6's, went down from a 2:12 to consistent 2:05's and clocked one 2:04, was running hard with craig and his GT3 cup trying to keep up but due to traffic and him being a maniac it didn't last too long lol... I'll get some footage up soon!
Old 06-29-2009 | 01:21 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Fred, Moses and Auray were fastest in D...and faster than E, pulling the fastest E cars on the straights. I believe each got a first in the two sprints. Pretty sure Moses won the Enduro. Hunter Allen was up there in E. Pretty sure he took two firsts.

My suspension set-up was awesome. Car was planted and predictable. Rear end came out gently and stayed with me. Thanks for the advice. Now I just need to spend $12,000 on an engine from At Speed or Musante.
Old 06-29-2009 | 02:38 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

I turned a 2:05.9 in enduro qualifying in GTC2 but in the 2nd lap of the race my co-driver spun as a car in front of him was spinning and the windshield blew out so we were done.

Last edited by Jarez Mifkin; 06-29-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2009 | 04:25 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tom N
Roger,

Tom
Thanks Tom...see you soon!
Originally Posted by TedA
Ted, if I wasn't driving, I was studying data or a track map. Every time I saw your car, you were headed to the track! I had a great weekend though! Wished I had the chance to meet you and a few others there.
Old 06-29-2009 | 09:13 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Ted, if I wasn't driving, I was studying data or a track map. Every time I saw your car, you were headed to the track! I had a great weekend though! Wished I had the chance to meet you and a few others there.

Roger..did get to meet you briefly before the second sprint on Saturday in the trailer with Don B. Watched the first sprint from T9... you guys were flyin'. Looked like you picked up a lot from Thursday night to Saturday.

Congrats..
Old 06-29-2009 | 09:41 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ted and Don : good to see you guys!

I wish one of you had taken a pic of me climbing the fence!
This is MY TOWN!

Quick Reply: VIR - Rumble At The Oak Tree ROLL CALL